Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for trying to help. My fan ended up being the cause... it was bent... THANKS DOMINOS!... cut right thru my radiator.
Anyways I ordered a new one ($400.00) <- cheap? =p

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I just had the exact same thing happen. Fixed it with about some epoxy metal weld. Used about .50 worth of the $4 stick. It was my own fault for not doing anything when i heard it rubbing. It was just touching. Anyways.... $400 is a lot for what you get....

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I know you guys have heard this but if you're in a crunch with a hole in your radiator crack an egg into a HOT radiator. ONLY put the egg whites in. Not the entire egg. A tablespoon of pepper will work also. Then crank the motor and let it circulate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AN EGG! Wut da!
Yea... $400.00 is awesome. But it's to late.
I spoke to some people about welding... my most trustworthy opinion told me I would loose some portions of the radiators cooling capabilities and you see... I love "MLP" way too much to just kinda-sorta fix her. She has to be perfect. Nahmehn~

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
plunk down the cash for an HRC radiator it's bigger than the stocker & add some protective mesh to keep rocks out of the radiator core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts