Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing that I sit way up on the tank and I have most of the seat behind me. I don’t feel comfortable sitting back on the seat. Does sitting so far forward effect rear tire traction and is it ok? How do you guys sit casual riding?

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i always sit all the way forward except for when i'm tucked, but my arms are short and i wouldn't be able to reach otherwise...

·
Registered
352 Posts
bopping around town, bout a half inch back from the tank. if youre all up on the tank, go over a big bump and you get bashed in the crotch. not good times.
^^^^:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I've done that. Same here I usually find myself up next to the tank. I'll slide my ass back a little when I have to push a little harder on the bars to counter steer.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
bopping around town, bout a half inch back from the tank. if youre all up on the tank, go over a big bump and you get bashed in the crotch. not good times.
i guess i don't have to worry about that, i don't know how you boys deal with those things

·
Registered
352 Posts
i guess i don't have to worry about that, i don't know how you boys deal with those things
They're great, they have like 101 uses. For example, exposing them to cool down body temp. Pranking someone by pulling the skin through a pair of blue jeans that has a worn hole in the crotch area and telling someone you sat in gum. As they look down and realize what it actually is, Prank "Win".

Sry, I didn't really mean to be kinda gross, but I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They're great, they have like 101 uses. For example, exposing them to cool down body temp. Pranking someone by pulling the skin through a pair of blue jeans that has a worn hole in the crotch area and telling someone you sat in gum. As they look down and realize what it actually is, Prank "Win".

Sry, I didn't really mean to be kinda gross, but I couldn't resist.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I noticed I was doing in my ride photos too, I have almost enough room for a passenger back there, lol. I'm sooo used to tank hugging. And having my toes on the pegs instead of my whole foot - can't wait for some more twisties.

I wonder if a tank can hurt a camel toe? lmao !!!!!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I noticed I was doing in my ride photos too, I have almost enough room for a passenger back there, lol. I'm sooo used to tank hugging. And having my toes on the pegs instead of my whole foot - can't wait for some more twisties.

I wonder if a tank can hurt a camel toe? lmao !!!!!
Having your toes on the pegs is what you're supposed to do. Also, when doing hard braking, having your legs squeeze the tank will give you much more support and won't crush your nuts. there are times when it's necessary to be up close to the tank and other times when crouching down for an example is where you'd use more of the back portion of the seat.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've always sat forward, not so much as I've ever had issues with the crotch. I have a Recon mid pack on my seat and still feel as though I could carry a passenger on the same seat as me.
It's all how it feels to you. Ride Safe, AJ

·
Registered
119 Posts
ussualy nuts on tank, but lately i've been trying to leave a fist length between the boys and the tank. but i think i'm done with that. it's so uncomfortable, strains my back and causes me to support myself with the bars more, and i have to squeeze like a mf'er with my knees that are now barely grippingthe back bottom edge of the tank(I'm 5'-9"). i could see doin it on the track cuz it gives me more room to slide from side to side without stickin my outside knee out in the wind. but unless i'm accelerating it's very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea it just doesnt feel like I have as much control sitting further back. I have been trying to give an inch for the nuts though lately due to some random bumps that really hurt

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
winner :banger:
yeah well you boys don't know what you're missing not being able to bleed out of your vagina....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm with you on that!

Thread killer right there:crackup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.