Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody on here going?

A friend and I will be heading up Friday afternoonish from San Diego. I haven't been out to BW for at least 3 years, and that was on my SV650. Looking forward to riding it on the RR.

Hope to see some .net peeps out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Stay away from the Motel-6 in Buttonwillow. I was out there with Trackdaz, I am a staff member, and I got my trailer broken into and they stole my race bike. if you do stay there do not park in the back.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
www.trackdaz.com

We'll be staying at the track, so somebody will get thugged if they try to steal our bikes!

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you haven't been to BW in 3 years, you won't be missing much! It's the same old nasty surface with the different paving patches, lots of slipping and sliding and an occasional dust storm!

But I love the layout and the optional changes they can make there- CW or CCW. Just wish they'd repave it, then it'd be one of my favs!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer.

I bought a ticket pack with Trackdaz, thankfully it was only a 4 day package and had intended on running at SoW a lot this year. But..w/the political BS that occured w/the Huths, blah, blah, blah....

I know I won't be running at WSIR until I can confirm that they have Paramedics on site vs. EMTs. I was out there a couple of months ago corner working for Keith Code and they only had EMTs on site. Some dude binned it pretty good coming out of the bowl. EMTs were there, so it could have not been a big deal, but they had to escalate up to Paramedics, who took 20-30 minutes to get there. Funk that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, and helicopters take a much longer time to get there, although they can get you to the hospital quicker!

I guess the secret is Don't Crash! But then, the unknown future is what an accident is, isn't it?

But the thread here is talking about Buttonwillow, not SOW or WSIR. But I agree with you anyway...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody......else......going......?????

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure if anybody else went, but I had a damn good time.

Track was bumpy in certain parts for sure, but not enough that it detracted from the experience. Going over 2 days was definitely worth it, and I was glad that I had upped the intensity of my workout routines in the past couple of months in anticipation of fending off fatigue in the miserable August heat in that area of CA.

Highs of 95 on Saturday, 96 on Sunday.

Tried out DOT Race rubber for the first time at the urging of the Catalyst Reaction guy, Teague. Pirelli guy had a set of SuperCorsas with 2 laps on them. $200, mounted....sweet!

Definitely helped by the fact that I almost highsided coming out of Turn 4? heading towards Cotton Corners. 2 trackdays on Dunlop Q2s and they were toast, I was definitely disappointed as I've had Michelin 2CTs last twice, if not 3 times as long.

I didn't have complete confidence in the bike until lunchtime on Sunday. Teague was turning my suspension upside down trying to figure out what was bugging me on the bike. At times, he wasn't available to make tweaks during my sessions, so I'd go out on the 250 Supermoto. Riding that thing around a track like that was fun. Pretty much stayed in 5th & 6th gear most of the time.

Attack Kawasaki was out there too. Steve Rapp was out there testing their 10R. He flew in with his private plane on both days, first day he brought a lady friend whom I'm going to assume is his girlfriend. Blonde, hot and tall. Legs went up forever. Interesting, because I thought he was riding for SD BMW, but whatever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts