Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

Can you please give me your opinions? I would like to get a bike, but dont know if I should wait for the 06 or just get one now.

How much should I expect to pay? I'm in the NYC area and there are a couple of dealer around even in NJ. I know of one place to look, but want to know if anyone can offer me other options.

If you bought a bike in NYC or area please post your price, OTD or whatever.

How many of you would wait for the new 06? Do you guys know of style/functional differences?

I did a search already, but there was nothing really specific. Thanks guys/gals for looking and responding to this post. Thanks again.

·
Registered
980 Posts
i got one on the island the other week champion honda

·
Registered
510 Posts
http://nyhondayamaha.com/ have solid prices, no freight, setup fees and a lot of people found to them great to deal with. In NJ, I have bought 2 CBRs from Bill at freeholdhonda.com, he's a great guy. There won't be much difference in 05 and 06 and if you ask me, I don't think I can wait. Will this be your first? what's your riding experience?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i bet there gonna stay the same, only difference would be in color..its prety rare that motorcycle manufactuers would change anything with in 1 year Honda already changed a lot for the 05, considering how much they already changed from the 03/04, i doubt any differnce for the 2006...just go buy the 05!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I haven't heard anything for sure, but honda typically follows a 2/4 year rotation on all bikes...

Every 2 years, they revise the current bike, and every 4 years they roll a brand new model out. '05 was the revised model, so you can expect '06 to offer nothing new aside from color scheme. Someone help me out here, I don't know the timeframe for new models to come out, but, if there's quite a few bikes siting in the local dealerships, you'll get a better rate on the '05 since they'll be holdovers soon.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I would get the 05. Why wait! Riding is to great to wait any longer. I am sure if the 06 has any changes at all it will be like the 03/04 where ne thing is interchangeable (sp) by the way if you all havnt figured it out yet I am a horrible speller. I think I have the (sp) in at least half of my posts lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This will be my first bike, but i have taken the MSF course already.

Anyone can tell me how much i should expect to pay for a 05 in nyc?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
if I were you I would look into shipping or picking one up at www.southernhonda.com they are the cheapest I have seen yet. If i woulda known that they were 7500 I prob woulda went to them. I lived in PA at the time. Just take a look

·
Registered
510 Posts
WhatBike said:
This will be my first bike, but i have taken the MSF course already.

Anyone can tell me how much i should expect to pay for a 05 in nyc?
Check with the links I posted above but I reckon it should not be over $9K OTD if buying and titleing/registering in NYC. Mind you though, this is not a good city commuter, that is, if this is what you intend for it.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
not sure about that but I know you will have to pay sales tax

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If your state has inspections it wouldn't make any sense that you couldn't buy new elsewhere. A lot of their sales are out of state from what I understand anyways. It's too bad they won't ship, otherwise I'd be ordering one from there.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
make a road trip.

·
0 Posts
06' aren't changing i would just get the 05. The only change would be color. (get the tribal it has the most power, for some reason in production they put a different motor in the tribals).:burnout:

·
Registered
206 Posts
my bet is that they are gonna stay the same...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think there is some guy selling a used Yellow 03 in NY all mod out in great/good condition for ~7000 and low miles <2000; very good deal; check the for sale area; you can still get financing through the credit unions for bikes (that's who the dealers usually go through anyways)

his name was "samurai"

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well...every year on every board (car or bike) the same question comes about, admittedly this time it is earlier than expected. Here is the bottom line: Very few people can afford to have the latest and greatest all the time. For the rest of the 99.9% of the population, you buy something and it has to last. If you like the 2005 600RR, then go ahead and buy it and be happy with it. If you are concerned about money and definitely want a new bike, wait until 2006 and get a 2005. Either way, I'm sure that no matter what model year you end-up with, you will enjoy yourself and will have a blast (as long as it's a Honda :) ) !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts