Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just dropped his bike last week on a gravel wash out on a back country road. Its an 05 636. He low sided it and the right side fairings are gone and it has a dent in the tank. He claimed it to insurance and they told him it would cost 800 to buy it back? Do you think its a good deal to buy it back? I figure I can buy it and sell the left side oem fairings for a good amount then buy some cheapy chinese fairings. Then ride it for a bit and sell it for like 3500. What are you opinions? No stator scratches just a broke faring stay and right side damage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes buy it back. You would be crazy not to if that is the only damage. Just do not tell your friend about the money you are going to make off his bike lol

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
buy it and make it a fighter.
ow yea, if anyone got salvages like this id take it now an fight it out :drunk:
:+1:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
it will prob have a salvage title tho....but make a good track bike

·
Registered
416 Posts
You might get $3500, but people are very picky about salvage. Mostly because they don't know the true history behind why it has a salvage rebuild title. I'm sure you could find a track junkie or a stunter that wants it, but $3500 might be steep with that rebuild title.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I don't think it would be totaled for just plastics. Check that thing over for any frame damage or front end fork damage.

C

·
0 Posts
i got mine 07 salvaged for 3000 it was salvaged because of a plastics and a bent clutch lever riddin over 20,000 miles and no problems

1 - 17 of 17 Posts