Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I might have been lied to by the previous owner when I bought my bike. I took a cousin of mine with me when I was going to buy the bike, since I did not know anything about bikes. My cousin told me the bike looked fine and rode fine also. I noticed the bottom fairings where scratched and asked the seller if he dropped it, he told me he did not but the previous owner might have. I was to excited to buy my first bike that, I shrug it off. I bought the integrated tail light from sportbikelites.com and when taking apart the tail I noticed their were some bolts missing and the holes from the tail did not line up. I think my bike was laid down pretty hard enough to get replacement parts from different years, it loos like it only maybe the fairings and the title is clear. Any who love the bike and runs fine, thinking of getting new fairings soon and the integrated tail light looks awesome.

·
Registered
324 Posts
uhhh ok??
what is the problem exactly? Maybe he really didn't drop it and the other owner really did.
Look for other signs of a drop like scratched case covers, bar ends, mirrors, fairings, etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There's a lesson to be learned here...

Take a qualified mechanic to inspect any vehicle, car or bike, before buying from a private seller.

9 times out of 10 there are issues that would affect the price that they will not disclose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts