Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am really getting a good deal on my 1000kms used 08-CBR600rr, as good as buying a brand new GSXR600. So i want to know are Suzuki any good compared to a Honda. I mean reliability, fit and finish and quality wise. I heard Suzukis are notorious for burning up the wires, is it true?

Thanks in advance guys

D

·
0 Posts
Honestly now, what type of answers to you expect from a Honda based website?

And to answer your question, the 600RR has been the best 600cc bike 2 years running, and the GSXR 600 isn't.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I've heard from alot of people that Hondas are the most reliable bikes... I can't tell you first hand, because all I've ever owned is a honda. I have nothing to compare it to.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
honda ftw...i've riddin my friends 08 gsxr 600 and that **** was heavy...he even said he wanted to trade in his gixxer for a honda...and now he's waiting for the 09rr to come out...

·
Registered
44 Posts
IMHO, since you're asking if a GSXR is better than a CBR on a Honda site, since you're blatantly ignorant enough to do that.

I say the GSXR was made for you.

Good luck, ride safe and ride on the defensive!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm not asking if GSXR is better cos its not, m just asking how bad is it compared to Honda. I owned a Honda for 1 year and got the 08 one too, but now am just asking for a trade on my used honda. I'm getting a new 1 unused gsxr600. dont ask how but I am and all I am asking is should I?

I never owned a Suzuki nor do i know any1. Here on this forum may be somebody did or somebody still has or know somebody who has. So I am askin for opinions. Should i trade or shouldn't I?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Look what you are saying...someone or some dealer is willing to trade a brand new gsxr for your cbr. If they are willing to give you a brand new bike for your used cbr then what's that tell you?

D

·
0 Posts
Hi I am really getting a good deal on my 1000kms used 08-CBR600rr, as good as buying a brand new GSXR600. So i want to know are Suzuki any better than Honda. I mean reliability, fit and finish and quality wise. I heard Suzukis are notorious for burning up the wires, is it true?

Thanks in advance guys
Well I'm not asking if GSXR is better cos its not, m just asking how bad is it compared to Honda. I owned a Honda for 1 year and got the 08 one too, but now am just asking for a trade on my used honda. I'm getting a new 1 unused gsxr600. dont ask how but I am and all I am asking is should I?

I never owned a Suzuki nor do i know any1. Here on this forum may be somebody did or somebody still has or know somebody who has. So I am askin for opinions. Should i trade or shouldn't I?
You answered your own question.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I editted my 1st post. So now am asking, Is Suzuki any good compared to a Honda.

The Dealer has got a customer who's getting milked for the color I have. Its Pearl Sunbeam white with Italian Red in short 'Tricolor'. The customer is paying a good amount on the Bike and the Dealer is my friend who has a GSXR600 in stock and is offering me it.

Now I am confused, Should i get the GSXR600 now or should i wait for the 09 600rr to come out?

I can buy another new 600rr after its available with the dealer but I was thinking for experimenting with another Brand.

D

·
0 Posts
Just get what you want. The 600RR is better then the gixxer in all ways possible, other then a market for aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, from another persepective (and I've only read up on the GSXR600 - not ridden), what I seem to find as a general opinion, is that the revisions made to the 08' GSXR600 compared to the 07' bring the power/torque curves much closer to that of the Honda (however the weight will still make it marginally slower than the CBR). Apparently the gearing is quite tall and allows going through some corners without changing gear where you would normally have to do this on say the CBR (or something to that effect), in all making the bike a little more confidence inspiring straight up. IMHO, I dig the looks of the GSXR and (bar the exhaust) I think it's a better looking bike than the Honda (this is entirely subjective), but I'd be very tempted to keep the CBR - the entire package has an edge over the GSXR (weight, handling, engine). However, on the street, there's probably not much difference. What I do like about the Honda in terms of aesthetics is the undertail exhaust and minimalist looks. The Gixxer does come with a heap of extras as standard (slipper, gear indicator, shift light, adjustable rearsets, rear seat cowl, that FI mapping thing which is probably a bit of a gimmic, blah blah blah). If I were you, I'd demand no less than the GSXR750 for your CBR. I think there are other perks to mention about the gixxer, but I'll leave it here.

If you have some $$ under the mattress, satisfy your curiosity, get the GSXR, then sell it and get the 09' CBR, and all will be well :toothy4:

Err, and don't quote me on the above, it's just what I've read so far!:book1:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Look what you are saying...someone or some dealer is willing to trade a brand new gsxr for your cbr. If they are willing to give you a brand new bike for your used cbr then what's that tell you?
exactly couldn't have said it any better but judging by your avatar i would say you'll fit right in the gixxer community.:bootyshak

·
Registered
586 Posts
Since it appears no one here has actually OWNED a Suzuki, and can only answer based on bias, I guess I'll give a real answer.

My '06 GSX-R1000 was at least as high, if not higher "Quality" overall as my '08 CBR. In fact in many ways it felt HIGHER.

The new CBR's have a very plasticy feel to get the weight so low.

Yes, that pays off in spades in handing and acceleration, but it makes the bike feel kinda fisher price in comparison.

The switch gear, dash, windshield, everything was more solid on the Suzuki. The switch gear on the CBR almost looks like something you'd see in a dirt bike in fact.

Lest you think I'm some "Gixxer dude" on vacation, wrong. I've owned almost exclusively Honda's, and consider myself a "Honda guy", but I have to call it the way I see it.

That said, I love the CBR, and it will outperform a GSX-R600 if the rider is up to it, but I bet there's not a single rider on this board that good, lol.

So yeah, a CBR600 is "Better" than a GSX-R600 in overall performance, but not enough where most people would notice. Buy what fits you best and YOU like the most.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Suzuki makes good motorcycles. probably second to honda in every aspect except suspension. suzuki has better stock suspension than honda for track use because they use constant rate springs. honda is the only company that's still using dual-rate springs on sportbikes (retarded). honda's are superior to other bikes in every way EXCEPT suspension IMO. i solved that problem by upgrading mine. if you don't track your bike or do serious cornering/braking, etc... then the honda suspension is more suited to street use. even though the suzuki never wins the 600cc shootouts overall, they routinely post the best lap times in the track portion of the shootout.....

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
As long as you ride around shirtless and show off those guns like you're doing in your avatar, you will make the bike look sooooo cool.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just don't like how they sit? Sit on it and make sure it feels right to you, I could never own one because of this.

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Honda is smart.
Honda cuts on all the parts that is anyway getting replaced by serious riders "slipper clutch, fork springs and so on. Instead they put the money into unchangable things such as, "low-weight bike, better engine" In the end it's gonna benefit much more than if you put the same amount of money into an R6 with a crappy slipper clutch and a heavy engine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts