Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some opinions and 'buyer beware' and/or 'dude, score!!'. A dealership is offering me a 2007 600rr, black/gray, great condition, but 29K miles. But, only $5000! My first bike is a 2011 Harley Street Bob naked with lots of mods/upgrades, but, there's some things it's just not intended to do (acceleration and cornering)...guess I'm getting the itch for a sport bike....and I'm starting to beat the hell out of the Harley.

good deal? or, should I pony up another 2K and get a 2008 with much less miles (there's tons of those). I believe 07 n 08 are identical.

Here's pix of the bike, looks really clean, and stealership says no scrapes, and they've gone through it. they'll let me test ride it...doin that tmr

Attachments

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
For that many miles it's kinda steep, but it's a stealership what can you do. If you don't pick her up someone else would. I think that I would save the 2k and get the oh seven. But that's just me. You could put that 2k into mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, guys...list is $5999. it's a hd stealership, so, what I like is at least I can test-ride the thing....only bmw and hd dealers have that coverage (i rode a beemer s1000rr last week, what a trip!) theres a place out here with dozens of 'em, but, they won't let 'ya ride em first...kinda makes me queezy. whadda ya think a fair-great price would be? 29K miles, will the bike be all stretchy and loose?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't worry about mileage as much as how well it has been maintained. A well maintained Honda can go forever, 29k is nothing.
But if it has been beat the hell out of for 29k miles, then it may not be worth it.
It also depends if you plan on reselling this bike and how much of a marginal difference 2 grand is to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in socal. doesn't seem to be a lot of private sellers....guess that's a good sign, ppl don't wanna sell 'em. is there a better site than cycletrader.com to find used/private seller?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Don't worry about mileage as much as how well it has been maintained. A well maintained Honda can go forever,
:+1:

Also, having documents to show all the maintenance is a lot different that having the dealership just say that they've gone through it.

Personally I'd pass. I think you could do better for 5K.

And be careful if you do test ride it. You're going to fall in love, not think clearly and just fork over the dough :)

GL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:+1:

And be careful if you do test ride it. You're going to fall in love, not think clearly and just fork over the dough :)

GL

that happened to me one night, and I let the stripper move in the next day...I wish I was kidding. worst 17 months of my life

·
Registered
131 Posts
there was a revision for the 07-09 model
you're pretty much getting a completely different bike if you go for the 06
try ebay for your bike (make sure you get the escrow service though)
i got a 07 honda cbr 600 with 1500 miles for 5500 + 500 for shipping (this was in 2008)

·
Registered
601 Posts
that happened to me one night, and I let the stripper move in the next day...I wish I was kidding. worst 17 months of my life

Hahahaha, just don't tell us you got her pregs.

OK, wow, thanks for this help in d 11th hour.

If you don't mind, ....this one? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/2441976412.html

06, 07, 08....I believe still all the same model
Nope, '06 is different. 2007 was the upgrade year. 2007-2011 the same except for abs and graphics.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the '07 but offer only 4k. That being said, I'd still search for something better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there was a revision for the 07-09 model
you're pretty much getting a completely different bike if you go for the 06
try ebay for your bike (make sure you get the escrow service though)
i got a 07 honda cbr 600 with 1500 miles for 5500 + 500 for shipping (this was in 2008)

really...ebay!? I'll look now....I'm guessing the 'escrow service' holds d cash until you receive n test ride?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm in socal. doesn't seem to be a lot of private sellers....guess that's a good sign, ppl don't wanna sell 'em. is there a better site than cycletrader.com to find used/private seller?
I have not looked in a few weeks, but Craigslist and Cycletrader usually have a lot of private seller bikes for sale in SoCal. In my opinion, that bike has too many miles for the price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have not looked in a few weeks, but Craigslist and Cycletrader usually have a lot of private seller bikes for sale in SoCal. In my opinion, that bike has too many miles for the price.
Thanks. I'm heading out now. I'm gonna offer 4000, and max 4500 out the door incl tax (and license if it's expired). ur in OC...maybe you know. there's this place 'wheels in motion' in chatsworth. they've got at least 6 of them, but, the guys are kinda odd there, and they don't allow test rides. reviews in yelp hate these guys.... have you ever been? and, at 4-4500, and I can ride the damn thing...I'm thinkin not too bad

1 - 20 of 39 Posts