Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some help. im helping a buddy look for a used bike, i found a 2003 cbr600rr with 10k miles thats been used as a track bike, not sure how many miles were actually tracked, i will ask tomorrow when we go take a look at it. the bike will be converted back to street. I've never been to the track so im not sure how much abuse a bike takes on the track. my question is, since its a track bike is it more abused than if it were a street bike? is there a problem thats known to occur when tracking a bike for a period of time? is there anything i should look for or ask? should i move on and keep looking?

thanks
mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
probably keep looking as most track bikes are abused and crashed pretty often. i happen to have a 03 with 5k miles on it if ur interested.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm pretty sure that track bikes generally get beat on pretty hard. Not only that, who knows if the seller would even tell you the truth about how much track time the bike saw, or what damage if any it has had in the past. It would probably be a good idea to keep looking.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just make sure you look for signs of being wrecked. Most track bikes have been down several times, although that isn't always the case. It would likely have been ridden alot harden than a street only bike, so just make sure the price is lower to compensate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts