Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a CBR600RR as my next bike. My first bike was a gift ( 98 ninja) so I'm looking for some pointers when it comes to dealing with the stealership.

Here's some background on this. I am currently deployed to the wonderful and exciting country of Iraq. I have R&R coming up here in less than a week (yeah I'm counting down the days like mad) and I thought that this would be the perfect time to buy a new bike...its mid December, not quite riding season haha, plus I'd imagine the stealerships are trying to move in the '08s. I could be wrong though. So far I have e-mailed/quoted some of the dealerships in my area and so far I've got one reply and waiting on two more.

Here is what I got from one of them (exact copy/paste):

First of all I would like to thank you for fighting for our country my name is Joshua short here at Fredericksburg motor sports I have one blue and silver 2007 left and I am doing it for 9,318.38 out the door this price includes all fees all you have to do is ride the motorcycle if you would like me to hold it I can take a credit card of 500 dollars to hold it, if that is what you would like me to do but just let me know and again thank you for choosing Fredericksburg motor sports
Sincerely
Joshua short

Anyway, I thought price was kinda high, plus it doesn't loot like he's looking to throw a helmet/jacket in. But, once again, I could be wrong and this could be a steal of a deal.

Any ideas or suggestions...dare I say flames? I'll take anything I can get...yeah, I'm easy.

~cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
First off, thanks for your service to the country. I hope you finish up your tour safe and sound.

As for the price, that is pretty high for an '07, IMO. I am also in NOVA and I bought my '07 RR the end of October. I drove all around the area looking for the best deal. I went to all of the local dealers, and by far the best price was the dealer out in Winchester, who wanted $7899, plus tax and reg. They had a red and a blue 600RR, and I bought the red one. I ended up paying $8220 OTD. They still had the blue one the last time I checked.

The next best price I came across was Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg, who wanted $8200 at a special open house they were having, but after that sale they stopped offering that price, but it seamed they were willing to deal. I got the impression that I could have gotten the bike from them around $8500 plus tax and reg. fees. At the time I was looking, they had a blue and a black in stock.

All of the other local dealers were low to mid $9K OTD price. Maybe now they are willing to deal a little more as we are deeper into the off season.

One thing I found out, was the "Honda only" dealerships seem to be able to offer a better price around here than the dealers that handle Honda and other bike brands.

Good luck

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
#1 get home safe and thank you :01_thumbu
#2 in my experience, prices quoted via e-mail or websites are normally higher than when you are standing there in person. if you're ready to walk out the door and they know the only thing holding you back is price, they will come down. they give you a price quote and you always go lower...not to mention service packages and the extended warranties they try to tack on!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
hey man. i work near fredericksburg moto sport.
they are a pretty good dealer but not always the best in price. i only go there because they are 1 of the few KTM dealers in the area.

try manassas honda kawasaki, its about 45 min from there. this is where i do most of my shopping. good dealer that is a bit smaller, but willing to work with you.

thanks for your service and stay safe man.

i know u can find a better deal than 9300 OTD tho.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Good stuff, appreciate the help guys.

MXRider, thats great, Manassas dealer was one of the two I haven't heard back from yet. I'm not really going off of just the emails, it's just that my "boots on the ground" time back home will be very limited (15 days ) and I wanted to narrow down my search...I really want to spend a few days going dealer to dealer and chat with them,but I haven't seen my girl in almost 11 months, and I would REALLY like to spend some quality time with her, and she with me hehe. Plus I have to suck up to the future in-laws :icon_lol:. Any other day people don't give you a time of day, but as soon as you deploy all kinds of relatives you never thought you had, want to see how you're doing :banghead:

I would really like to get the OTD down to 8-8500 heck, maybe even get a helmet while I'm at it, as much as id like to sport my good ol kevlar, its probably not the best choice for a bike helmet, although the new ACHs are pretty comfortable for gov. issue. I just figured it being mid December, I would stand a better chance of getting a good deal VS march, when we come off of deployment.

Well, if anyone else has any ideas/suggestion keep em coming. I got 4 days and a wakeup to kill.:toothy4:

~cheers

BTW, MX, hows is the gear selection in manassas dealer? Might be looking for a nice shoei/soumy and a jacket.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
manassas honda sells mostly icon, and kbc helmets. they also have a full arai helmet line there, but no shoei.
as for jackets and boots they have mostly icon and joe rocket. they arent the biggest in the gear department, but they can order anything.

i think they have a few 07s left on the floor. last time i stoped in they had a bunch of 600s and 1krrs. and were just startin to get in some 08 600s.

only dealer i know of in the area that sells suomy and has a few in stock is Blalock cycle in Warrenton.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's def. looking like I will be making a stop by manassas take a look see.

As far as TN goes, I don't think I'll be able to make that trip, not on my 15 days anyway.

Also, from your guys' experience, whats the weapon of choice when it comes to payment. I've heard that if you finance they usually get you a better deal VS paying in cash...and vice versa. I've heard from people that they usually try to finance it, get the dealer to drop the price a bit and then when time comes for finalizing, they just pay off all the payments right there on the spot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The trip home is going to be much sweeter with a 600rr. Enjoy it and you deserve it, heck you even fought for it. Unfortunately you are not in cali, otherwise I know a dealer here who is a vet and he gives killer deals to people who served. Either way that price is too much for 07.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hey man. i work near fredericksburg moto sport.
they are a pretty good dealer but not always the best in price. i only go there because they are 1 of the few KTM dealers in the area.

try manassas honda kawasaki, its about 45 min from there. this is where i do most of my shopping. good dealer that is a bit smaller, but willing to work with you.

thanks for your service and stay safe man.

i know u can find a better deal than 9300 OTD tho.
When I visited Manassas Honda/Kaw they quoted me $9300 the end of Oct. for a blue '07 600RR, the only one I saw there. Maybe they have come down some since then.

Dave

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
if u just walk in off the street and ask how much, then you arent gonna get a bottom dollar price.

talk to robbie, he is the owners son and is a great guy.
just sit down and talk to him, he is very reasonable.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
deedub, u get yours from shenandoah honda? i forgot about them, they usually have wicked prices.

i just like supporting the dealer thats literally 10 min from my house, thats why i shop at MHK.

·
Registered
242 Posts
if u just walk in off the street and ask how much, then you arent gonna get a bottom dollar price.
Well, that's kind of how I do things. I don't want to date them, I just wanted an RR.

And I just didn't happen in either, I drove about 30 miles just to "walk in off the street" and ask personally how much they wanted. I wasn't making a phone call or Internet email contact. I showed up at their showroom, said I was interested and asked what could they do for me.

I don't think I appeared to them as a "tire kicker". I have been riding and buying vehicles from car/bike salesman for a long, long time, and I can usually tell when they are trying to "extract a little extra dough" from the customer, and that is what I felt. So I walked and bought elsewhere. I mean come on, they were $1100 higher for the same bike.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Here In Az, I am buying Tuesday a 07 600rr with extnd warrt. and gap ins OTD for 9600$ You are getting taken for, IMO that is..
Good luck

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a CBR600RR as my next bike. My first bike was a gift ( 98 ninja) so I'm looking for some pointers when it comes to dealing with the stealership.

Here's some background on this. I am currently deployed to the wonderful and exciting country of Iraq. I have R&R coming up here in less than a week (yeah I'm counting down the days like mad) and I thought that this would be the perfect time to buy a new bike...its mid December, not quite riding season haha, plus I'd imagine the stealerships are trying to move in the '08s. I could be wrong though. So far I have e-mailed/quoted some of the dealerships in my area and so far I've got one reply and waiting on two more.

Here is what I got from one of them (exact copy/paste):

First of all I would like to thank you for fighting for our country my name is Joshua short here at Fredericksburg motor sports I have one blue and silver 2007 left and I am doing it for 9,318.38 out the door this price includes all fees all you have to do is ride the motorcycle if you would like me to hold it I can take a credit card of 500 dollars to hold it, if that is what you would like me to do but just let me know and again thank you for choosing Fredericksburg motor sports
Sincerely
Joshua short

Anyway, I thought price was kinda high, plus it doesn't loot like he's looking to throw a helmet/jacket in. But, once again, I could be wrong and this could be a steal of a deal.

Any ideas or suggestions...dare I say flames? I'll take anything I can get...yeah, I'm easy.

~cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I still haven't heard anything back from the other 2 dealers at this point. I'll be taking a day, maybe two to take a drive and visit all the dealers in the area. Maybe get them into a little price war, and walk away with a decent deal, maybe a helmet haha.

Sigh, 3 more days, time is draggin' feet.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
07 or 08 you are getting ?

Yeah, I still haven't heard anything back from the other 2 dealers at this point. I'll be taking a day, maybe two to take a drive and visit all the dealers in the area. Maybe get them into a little price war, and walk away with a decent deal, maybe a helmet haha.

Sigh, 3 more days, time is draggin' feet.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
For some Stupid reason I think It is cool that you are in Iraq rt now over there and we are here and yet you are on at the same time I am, WoW, In a time of BS over there, There is internet. :wave:

Looking to get an 07.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts