Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I am buying a 2003 CBR600RR tomorrow and wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. It will be my first street bike. I have been riding offroad for about 12 years.

It is black and silver, all stock with no modifications, always been garaged, never been layed down or even tipped over, has a clean title, SINGLE owner, and only 1,000 miles.

He is asking $4900 but said he will work with me on the price.

Sooooo.....should I go for it? And is there any problems with the '03s I should know about?

·
Registered
554 Posts
6 years old bike has only done 1000 miles? make sure the engine oil has been changed at least 6 times.
to be honest, 1000 miles is like less than 10 tanks of gas, thats 7 month per tank.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Theres alot of people that buy a bike, ride it for the first summer then never touch it again. Then finally decide to sell it a couple years later. Id check all the fluid ans lube it all up just in case it hasn't been riden in awhile.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Theres alot of people that buy a bike, ride it for the first summer then never touch it again. Then finally decide to sell it a couple years later. Id check all the fluid ans lube it all up just in case it hasn't been riden in awhile.
do an oil change before you start the engine. who knows if the oil has turned into water.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah sounds kinda funny be sure to check the gas also could have gumed stuff up! +1 on the oil also. Sometime people buy bikes and get scared and park them.Just be safe and remember your gear. good luck on the bike!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have it professionally inspected, I'm sure you could convince the owner to help you split the cost.

Also, there might be a squirrel nest in the air box.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'd give him 4,300 if I were you. The 03' is a very solid bike and runs smooth through all the gears. You'll def. fall in love with it once you hop on the bike. As others said, make sure that you check all the fluids and cables because if it has 1,000 miles on it...most likely the cables are in for new ones or some seriously lubrication. Oil change would be my first thing to do with the fluids. Good luck on whatever you decide on though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts