Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I sold my beloved 07 600rr in August. I modded the hell out of the beast and babied it but after having high payments and insurance (I got my policy before I was 25) I decided to sell it for a bike I could pay cash for.

Long story short I found a bike and talked the guy down. Its a 2002 954rr. Lightly down on both sides. one side of plastic is slightly scratched really barely noticeable and the other side has the clutch cover scratched. It has 28XX miles on it and he has title in hand. The bike looks really clean from pics. I am supposed to pick it up tonight or next week due to him traveling. You guys think its a good deal or should i wait for something else? Anyone who has ridden them both your advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Drama Queen Extraordinaire
778 Posts
Dang, I see you live in Salem NH. I'm from Hooksett. How old are you? My 2 best friends and girlfriend are from Salem.

Check craiglists, there is a MINT 600rr in York, ME with 7200mi with a full akra, pcIII, bmc race and velocity stacks for 4500.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Excellent bike, had (2) myself! Loved them!

But yea price would help!!

·
778 Posts
Also, for insurance, call Ian at Nationwide in Manchester, NH. (603) 668-0002 x222 He'll hook you up with crazy cheap insurance.

My bud pays 500/yr for his 06 600rr w/ 500 deductables, and I pay 1000/yr w/ 250 deductables for my 06 R1. I also have a crappy driving record.

Forgot to mention, the price on the 600rr is OBO.

Heres the link too, I almost bought it, but I bought an R1 instead, lol.

Its also got some SS lines and a Puig DB. It makes me wanna sell the R1 and make a hooked up track bike

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/868328869.html

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I love my 954 and still have it. Make sure it has a damper cause the short wheelbase and extra torque keeps the front light. Without a price it's hard to tell what kind of deal you're getting

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I put the price. He was asking 5000 and I said i would pay 4200. Smalls i saw the 600rr and assumed it was beat. Its been up for a while. i was going to call on it. That thing looks pretty sick. My insurance is 877 a year on the 954rr. I will upload pics in a sec.

·
778 Posts
I went and looked at it, needs a new front tire. And I think the rear is some Shinky or something.

How old are you?

Also, did you have a Black 07RR for sale, with a 2 bros pipe, puig, and some pazzos?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That 07rr was mine! That thing was hooked up and I lost my shirt selling it. The kid who got it got a babied mint bike at a low price.

·
778 Posts
Your matt? I talked to you about that bike, but I flaked. I ended up buying an 03 RR and putting like 2500 into it, then after I was kicking myself and should have bought your bike

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HAHA yeah that was me. Did you ever even come see it? man that bike was so clean i am kicking myself when i got rid of it. The kid e-mailed me after and was like this bike is so sick, all the mods are so tasteful and everywhere i go i get looks. He got it for 7500 and got bike stands, clymer manual, oil, filters, newer shoei helmet, black leather honda jacket, 2 bike stands, cover, all stock parts. I suck. I miss that bike.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My girlfriend is not happy with me buying a bike again so I told teh guy I could not do it. He just called me back and said 4k. I wonder if I should go for it?

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
of course you should do it. damn, I wish I could get away to drive out and get it. did you find it on cbrforum.com? it looks exactly like the one posted ...

·
778 Posts
call that 600rr guy, see what you can talk him down to, call your insurance company, then make your decision

but a 954 with under 3k miles for 4k seems like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found it on Craigslist. The deal almost seems too goo to be true. Its been down on both sides with VERY minimal damage. you can see the scratches on one pic and see a few scrapes on the clutch cover. Really amazing deal though.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Before I had my 600rr I had a 99 900rr (919cc) -- the 600 is almost as fast, but damn I miss that torque band. Those things are beasts. I'd say you should get it, especially at 4k.

·
778 Posts
The 954 is almost 4 generations old.. the price seems about right.

I just have no idea how someone puts only 500 miles a year on a bike.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He said he has kids and no time to ride. I will look around at the fairings and inside and see if anything is being hidden. I will check the forks and let it run a while. What i should do with that bike money is pay off my credit card. But for 4k I think I could sell it if i very need the money and lose very little if anything. To me it almost seems too good to be true.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts