Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I stumbled across a 2008 CBR600 RR Graffiti with 41 miles for a decent price from a dealer. Upon asking about it they said it was a bank repo. I've heard of horror stories about bank repo's that the previous owner just trashes them once they learn they are loosing it etc.

Has anyone bought a bank repo before? What should I ask the dealer about the bike before I try to negotiate on it. Seeing that it's only got 41 miles what are the chances something would be wrong with it?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Youd have to go look at the bike to find out. Worst case scenario could be a guy who drove off the lot with the bike and crashed it on the ride home and totally destroyed it. Its just like buying a used bike, go look at it and check for signs of damage and make sure its got a straight title.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youd have to go look at the bike to find out. Worst case scenario could be a guy who drove off the lot with the bike and crashed it on the ride home and totally destroyed it. Its just like buying a used bike, go look at it and check for signs of damage and make sure its got a straight title.
Well the thing is it's about 9.5 hours away.. I'm thinking about just passing up on it.. I did some research on the dealer/business they got some pretty negative reviews on BBB and Google.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Well the thing is it's about 9.5 hours away.. I'm thinking about just passing up on it.. I did some research on the dealer/business they got some pretty negative reviews on BBB and Google.
well then theres your answer. dont buy a bike you cant go look at. when i say look at, i mean remove the fairings to get a close inspection.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
if there is a doubt.... there is no doubt.

dont do it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
We buy quite a few vehicles from auction that are bank repo's, and it's pretty hit or miss with them. You definitely want to look at anything before you buy it. I'd say if it's only got 41 miles and has a clear title than if the price is right and the pictures look good go for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We buy quite a few vehicles from auction that are bank repo's, and it's pretty hit or miss with them. You definitely want to look at anything before you buy it. I'd say if it's only got 41 miles and has a clear title than if the price is right and the pictures look good go for it.
That would be the problem. I'd be buying this unseen. I'm sure I could have a third party check it (ie: pay a florida dot net member to check it out or shop) but at the same time I'm still nervous about buying it.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
At that price pay a third party to go check it out for you. Im sure someone on here would look at it for you, or find a reputable shop in that area and see if they can go look at it for you.

I

·
0 Posts
In my opinion that's not a Great price that you would take your chances with... I would pass it up.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
well then theres your answer. dont buy a bike you cant go look at. when i say look at, i mean remove the fairings to get a close inspection.
Wish i took a closer look at mine. I havent come across anything major. But i do plan and removing all the fairings and giving it a good look over.

·
Registered
457 Posts
that price is horrible for a repo, when you said "decent" price i thought u meant 4000 - 5000... I would pass based on the price alone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
with only 41 miles, you wouldnt think any damage was done...They would have atleast a month worth of riding before it was repo'd. Who would only ride a bike 41 miles before you lost it for not paying your payment. Something sounds really fishy. I bet it was wrecked and they just keep it under their patio until the bank came and repo'd it.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
with only 41 miles, you wouldnt think any damage was done...They would have atleast a month worth of riding before it was repo'd. Who would only ride a bike 41 miles before you lost it for not paying your payment. Something sounds really fishy. I bet it was wrecked and they just keep it under their patio until the bank came and repo'd it.
good point......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts