Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
The only place i know of is a place called coparts.com

You'll need to pay for an account to view and a license of some sort to bid (not sure if its dealership license). They also have locations all over the country, so check to see if there is one around your area.

And just so i can say i've warned you, I've seen alot of bikes sell for alot more for what i thought they were worth and some sell for alot less.

·
Registered
146 Posts
im guessing youre looking for bikes without damage, which i have no idea how to get a hold of a bike from an insurance company. however if you ARE lookin for bikes with damage, there are a couple sites i know of. prolly of no help wherever youre located, but www.mrc-auctions.com and www.crashedtoys.com both sites deal with total loss bikes, atvs, snowmobiles, mrc has some repo cars and bikes too and i believe have one location in cali check it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To buy from most Insurance or auction places like copart you have your dealer or salvage license. I used to buy from them a couple of years ago but since they went online bidding world wide it drove the prices up way to high. I still go on there form time to time and I was watching a pretty clean 06 gsxr600 and it sold for 6800. and thats with a salvage title. Thats way to much if you ask me. Now I just wait and see what comes into the shop and buy it from the customer. That the best way cause I know whats going to be wrong with it. Like this one guy the other day came into the shop. He laid down his 06 ZX6rr with about 2500 mile on it, he's got no insurance on it, cant afford to fix it, has clean title in hand and wants 3800 for it.That same bike on copart would go for about 4500.00. Some times you can find a good deal in those places but you really have to sit and wait to see what comes up. Winter time is so you might find a good deal.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
and if you plan on trying to make it a street bike check with your state. some (like mine of texas) wont allow a salvage title to be put back on the road.
copart isnt a bad idea, u can get some good prices on cars/bikes...
when u get a car off the auction, its normally a salvaged title.. once u rebuild it, u take it to the DMV and they inspect the car/bike and they ask for reciepts for all the parts/labor done to it.. once u pass inspection, they give u a "rebuilt" title, not salvaged..

also another thing i noticed about bikes and auctions.. MOST the time, they will sell for more than they are really worth.. but if u really look around u can find a good deal..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts