Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

buying a bike w/warranty from a private seller

597 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  awd-turbo 
#1 ·
hey dudes, I'm buying my first CBR and I'm ready to finalize this transaction asap. 1 guy has an 09 phx ed. with 650mi with a 2yr extended warranty plus 6months left on the factory warranty so thats 2.5yrs of warranty. he wants $8k, i was just wondering if i can get the refund on the warranty after i buy it, i know he can, but im sure he doesnt wanna deal with that. i know warranties r expensive and when my R1 got wrecked i got $315 back from the day i crashed and there was only about 6 months left on the warranty. warranties r a rip, I'll never buy 1 especially on a honda, or even a TV, experts say if something goes wrong its gonna go wrong within the 1st yr. like i said i just wanna know if i can get a refund on the warranty he bought, i really think he should get it back and sell me the bike for $500 less but he doesnt want to for some reason, maybe he thinks it'll b easier to sell the bike with the 2extra yrs.

#3 ·
i'm not sure about cashing out a warranty, but i do know some extended warranties can be transferred to you. it depends on who the actual issuer of the extended warranty is (it's most likely not honda), you can find out and give them a call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.