Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this topic has been discussed before but I wasn't able to fit everything in the search option. So back to the point... Pretty much I found this really sweet deal on a track ready 07 Gixxer for around $2,000. But the only problem is that it has no title and no nothing, supposedly the guy pieced the bike together at his local bike scrap yard. He said the motor has 900miles(but how can you prove that it has that low of miles) and that the bike runs great with absolute no problems and that I can even test ride it. Has a few tasteful mods but nothing special so what do you guys think I should do?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I call stolen...I personally would stay away, if you're gonna track it only then the only thing holding you back would be morals

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I call stolen...I personally would stay away, if you're gonna track it only then the only thing holding you back would be morals
Yeah I asked him if it was stolen and he said no. If he can provide all the receipts for like the motor and I'm hoping like the frame and other parts do you think it's worth it? I mean I can sorta overlook the non title thing cause imma build this bike for track purposes only.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If he can't produce the junkyard receipts for the frame, motor, suspension, wheels and other major parts, then he probably stole the bike. I've purchased from plenty of salvage yards, and gotten receipts for even small items, like trim pieces, and switches. Don't support bike thieves, if he is one. Also, you can check the VIN on the frame and run it by the police.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he can't produce the junkyard receipts for the frame, motor, suspension, wheels and other major parts, then he probably stole the bike. I've purchased from plenty of salvage yards, and gotten receipts for even small items, like trim pieces, and switches. Don't support bike thieves, if he is one. Also, you can check the VIN on the frame and run it by the police.
Yeah first thing I would do is ask for receipts for everything(excluding the aftermarket parts)... If the receipts aren't there then imma ask him if I can run the VIN on the frame and go from there. If that sh*t comes back stolen then I'll be sure to call the police on him.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Run the VIN!! Do you want to get busted for stolen property??????:retard:

If he knows where you live, your street bike is probably next!!
Yeah I will and naw he doesn't know where I live but I can go to where he lives if anything. No one can get to my house without me unloading dozens of rounds into their chest cause my room overlooks the street. :gun1:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah, kinda curious. If he refused to let you run the VIN then you should probably let someone now that he has a stolen bike.

Also, just just so you: if you ever decide that you want to start racing, I know that WERA requires your VIN number as part of the tech inspection. If you buy a bike with a stolen frame then you won't be doing any racing.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts