Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership is having a sale on them. 8700 bucks, plus I can trade in my gs500f for a couple grand.

Is this a smart way to go? It's my first supersport but not my first bike. I plan to eventually buy a dedicated 600rr track bike as well (used of course)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not good with bargaining, but after the nightmare of my first bike I'm going to be more firm abiut walking out the door. Should i negotiate the new bike price to 8500 out the door... then after that negotiate my trade in value?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not good with bargaining, but after the nightmare of my first bike I'm going to be more firm abiut walking out the door. Should i negotiate the new bike price to 8500 out the door... then after that negotiate my trade in value?
Get your trade in value first. Perhaps in writing. Now is the time to buy, as that is dead inventory. Stress the fact that its a 3 year old bike now.

As far as cost though i wouldn't pay a penny over 8500 to have that bike in my hands.. So what that means is the bike will be about 8k then tags, title, tax, and processing will get that 8500.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for your input. I mean there's no downside to buying this as long as the price is right. Ill ask them to take a grand off, putting the bike at 7800 before fees and titling

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Get your trade in value first. Perhaps in writing. Now is the time to buy, as that is dead inventory. Stress the fact that its a 3 year old bike now.

As far as cost though i wouldn't pay a penny over 8500 to have that bike in my hands.. So what that means is the bike will be about 8k then tags, title, tax, and processing will get that 8500.
A bikes price depends on where you live to a certain extent. What you paid may not always be what everyone else paid. How much were your fees? What was the final OTD price?

I also disagree with the idea you need your trade value; that in the end means nothing. OTD that the buyer is willing to pay is what matters. How they get to it isn't really the thing.

OP, Negotiate what you are willing to pay and be prepared to walk away if it's not. The bike in question is a brand new 2013 meaning they have had it sitting around 3 years (end of 2012), it's not going anywhere and you can get 14's for about the same price.

And in answer to the question in the first post, only you and your pocketbook can decide what is or isn't a good price and whether you can pay it or not. Personally I do not recommend brand new bikes to "new" riders. But if the price is right and you are willing to pay the insurance (I'd HIGHLY suggest looking into that before you talk numbers at the dealership) it's a nice bike.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You don't have to do much talking to be good at negotiating. I also recommend talking about the trade-in valve first. This will help you in several ways. One of which is, it will get them more hyped that you are about to buy the bike which will lead to them being more submissive.

Act really really really interested in that specific bike as if you already bought it. Say things like, "I will be buying a cbr600rr this week however I want to check out several dealers". Ask things like, "So after I buy this bike, I want to put purchase a lot of aftermarket items, would you be able to install them?" They will be peeing their pants from excitement.

Then at the last second hit them with an offer. Do not be afraid to walk out the door and actually expect to. Say that you are going to check out other dealers. They will be calling you soon after.. as long as they your phone number of course lol. Winter is coming up and they know their sales will be much fewer. Not only that but every bike will be a year older meaning they will automatically be lowering their prices.

Goodluck! I wish the best for you! :retard:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah insurance is 2500 a year with 500 deductible, 1400 with 1000 deductible. This bike just appeals to me because I'm afraid to buy used off craigslist now

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also there's a bunch of 09-13 used models on craigslist going for 6-8k... lower miles but the prices are almost as much as this new one.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Also there's a bunch of 09-13 used models on craigslist going for 6-8k... lower miles but the prices are almost as much as this new one.
Maybe you should go check out some cbr600rrs from private sellers, you might change your mind.

I personally am more afraid of buying from a dealership than a private owner lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly fvck dealerships.they will screw people over to get rid of a used bike they brought in that's not worth it's trouble
.. I'm with you there, my first bike I was looking for a 500cc at a dealership and they kept trying to put me on new 700-900cc twins. .. a bit too much for a first time rider

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bottom line total after new bike and trade is what matters. I understand some may not agree with financing, but if you do, don't let them mess with you on the term and APR.

@Miweber929 makes sense - I'm starting to learn that location does play into it.

I paid more than the best I spotted on here, but then again, I didn't mind paying more since I really got attached to the specific bike that I saw in front of me. My emotions tend to get the best of me, but try not to let that happen to you.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Back when I bought my 2012 CBR250R, it was $5700 and I financed it over 5 years. Ended up paying about $6500 as I paid it out early.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
A bikes price depends on where you live to a certain extent. What you paid may not always be what everyone else paid. How much were your fees? What was the final OTD price?

I also disagree with the idea you need your trade value; that in the end means nothing. OTD that the buyer is willing to pay is what matters. How they get to it isn't really the thing.

OP, Negotiate what you are willing to pay and be prepared to walk away if it's not. The bike in question is a brand new 2013 meaning they have had it sitting around 3 years (end of 2012), it's not going anywhere and you can get 14's for about the same price.

And in answer to the question in the first post, only you and your pocketbook can decide what is or isn't a good price and whether you can pay it or not. Personally I do not recommend brand new bikes to "new" riders. But if the price is right and you are willing to pay the insurance (I'd HIGHLY suggest looking into that before you talk numbers at the dealership) it's a nice bike.
I don't always agree with this guy, but when I do...it's probably 98% accurate.

You don't have to do much talking to be good at negotiating. I also recommend talking about the trade-in valve first. This will help you in several ways. One of which is, it will get them more hyped that you are about to buy the bike which will lead to them being more submissive.

Act really really really interested in that specific bike as if you already bought it. Say things like, "I will be buying a cbr600rr this week however I want to check out several dealers". Ask things like, "So after I buy this bike, I want to put purchase a lot of aftermarket items, would you be able to install them?" They will be peeing their pants from excitement.

Then at the last second hit them with an offer. Do not be afraid to walk out the door and actually expect to. Say that you are going to check out other dealers. They will be calling you soon after.. as long as they your phone number of course lol. Winter is coming up and they know their sales will be much fewer. Not only that but every bike will be a year older meaning they will automatically be lowering their prices.

Goodluck! I wish the best for you! :retard:
This is also true; read up on ADD and research the going prices...act as ADD as possible, but still know what you're talking about...it may be passive aggressive or whatever, but fvck do you care if it means riding off with the bike you wanted at the price you were hoping to get.

Yeah insurance is 2500 a year with 500 deductible, 1400 with 1000 deductible. This bike just appeals to me because I'm afraid to buy used off craigslist now
I've bought and sold a lot of stuff via craigslist and never had a problem, but I wouldn't shop there for vehicles.

I had mine up on cycletrader till today; 2010 c-abs, 50xx mi, lots of mods yet still very streetable, it will need tires...was gonna sell it with the stands and other stuff too.

Back when I bought my 2012 CBR250R, it was $5700 and I financed it over 5 years. Ended up paying about $6500 as I paid it out early.
USD?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealership is having a sale on them. 8700 bucks, plus I can trade in my gs500f for a couple grand.
Well, did you buy it? I paid about $8200 for my '14 a couple months back. After tax/title/tag......

...So what that means is the bike will be about 8k then tags, title, tax, and processing will get that 8500.
Where do you live out of curiosity? Here in PA @ 6%, $8000 is $8480 just after sales tax. Title and registration fees adds on a couple hundred more at a minimum.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where do you live out of curiosity? Here in PA @ 6%, $8000 is $8480 just after sales tax. Title and registration fees adds on a couple hundred more at a minimum.[/QUOTE]

i was looking at a 2013 in PA (Action Motorsports) not too long ago. I negotiated to 8 plus fees. I was being pretty general, but it would have been roughly 8300 out the door, plus VA sales tax when i would register it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't bought it yet but I am armed as hell with know edge when I go in there this week. I'm waiting on the bank to approve my loan. II was going to ask 7800 otd. But now I'm thinking 7500. The place has 3k off there 1000cc models from 2015

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just went to dealership. Asked 7500 out the door. 3k for trade in( which is ******** high). They came back to me.... did not drop the price down and 1755 for the trade in. I said 1800 for trade will work. Explained my case of why there price Is too high. Told me to make a deal with them so I walked out:(((((

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just went to dealership. Asked 7500 out the door. 3k for trade in( which is ******** high). They came back to me.... did not drop the price down and 1755 for the trade in. I said 1800 for trade will work. Explained my case of why there price Is too high. Told me to make a deal with them so I walked out:(((((
I don't think you have much to lose. If the '13 model has not sold for the last couple of years or so, I don't think it's going anywhere in the immediate future. As long as you left your contact behind, and let them know to reach back out when they're ready to make the deal.

In the meantime, in order to buy some time, I would search around with other local dealers to see their available stock and to better gauge the deal in front of you in comparison. Maybe you'll get lucky while your initial dealer can sleep on the thought. They're just trying to make whatever they can so it can make better sense for them to make the sale. I would assume the itch to sell the unit would grow as we go deeper into the winter season. If you don't hear back, you can always go back in person a week later with another attempt.

It comes down to how bad they want to make the sale and how bad you want the bike they have. Matter of patience and searching around as well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts