Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how bad did I get ripped off. I didnt do my research before I bought my bike. I love the bike but it was on the show room floor for 8,999. I got it down to 8,499. I bought a 1,999 service plan. So all that added up with my down payment of 1,500 and dealer freight came out to be a financed amount of 10,949. I see 2005 bikes being sold for 8,000. Do I just take the shaft if I sell it. How much could I sell it for right now. Just wondering. It is a 2006 600RR +frame sliders+swing arm sliders+ fender eliminator kit.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
577 Posts
Welcome to the site. Where did you buy your bike? As in state, that might help us a bit. Judging from your figures, You could have probably negociated a better deal by up to maybe a grand, maybe more. There are some guys here that have gotten theirs for $8499 OUT-THE-DOOR with gear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Bought it in Tucson, AZ. I got a Free joe rocket jacket, scorpion helmet, and gloves. Also tax was 704.66, dealer title processing fee was 299, and frieght/setup was 672.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
969 Posts
If you got ripped off, so did I!! I paid around 10g's with 5 year warranty on a 4 year lease. Only put a grand down & didn't even get the extra's that you got. My opinion is to just keep it & be happy that you got what you wanted, right? By the way I live in MO.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Feelin bad? It doesn't really matter at this point. YOu should be stoked that you now HAVE A BIKE! Anyhow, I didn't know you got all that gear. Taking all that added up, I think you got an okay deal, nothing to beat yourself up over.
Joe Lew said:
Right on man. Just was feelin bad about the purchase.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I always feel guilty the next couple of days after I make a big purchase. Who cares if you got a smoking deal, or just an average deal. $1000, financed over 5 years is right at $20 per month. No matter how much you bought it for, there is always some guy who bought one brand new for $300. If one person is charged the frieght and set up fees, every person has to. If they don't charge you, then they will have to refund that money to every person they ever charged. Get out and ride that thing, it will make you feel better about spending so much money.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Same here, I got an 2005 CBR 600RR with 100 exact miles for $6000 I felt bad about it cause I had soo much money saved up, but oh well I love the bike and wouldn't trade it for the world

·
Registered
787 Posts
holy crap! thats a lot of money for a 600...freight charges are ******** charges that they add on so they can make more money....service plan are 2000 ??!! geez i thought they were like 4-500 ???

if my calculation is right, 8499+1999-1500=8998
and you financed 10949...where did the 1951 goes ? tax is around 500 if its 6%...license/plate is probably another 200, that leaves 1251 unaccounted for...how much did they charge you for freight ?

.......i dunno man, i got mine for 8300 out the door :(

edit: i just read your other post, 600 for freight is ********

i read somewhere about a dealer in AZ that was ripping people off...i think you bought your bike there

·
Registered
344 Posts
why would you sell it? you will lose even more money if you sell it now. Just ride and try to be happy with the purchase and next time research the invoice price and ask for Out The Door pricing. My friend was able to get an '06RR for $9k out the door. I'm not sure if he bought the warranty, but it's a HONDA, it'll be fine. The service on the bike is nothing more than oil changes and other misc services. Usually service plans like that do not include wear items such as tires, brake pads/rotors, and oil changes.

i would also be happy that it is a NEW bike. you know the full history of the bike - which is very valuable.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i paid under 9k otd after taxes. 06 600rr in ny area. i haven't heard of anyone in my area that paid less. i hate the free gear that were offered by dealerships, i only want top of the line gear for protection. bike will go in 2 or 3 years but i intend to keep the gear for longer.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Buy used. It saves you mad cash. But then again if you like somthing to be brand spankin new then your screwed. I got my 2005 used with about 600 miles for $6300 before taxes ofcourse.

·
Registered
796 Posts
envirocbr.. That's an awesome steal for an 05 with such little mileage on it. I'd consider myself lucky if I got a deal like that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That seems to be an average deal one would expect with little haggling especially this time of year. The only thing you got reamed on is the warranty and the setup/delivery/freight whatevs charges. But you did make out on some gear, so that's a bonus.

There was a site vendor on here a few years back selling Honda extended warranties for around $500.00. Bell's Honda I believe, but I'm not sure if they're associated with this site any longer. Most people don't realize that you have the whole first year of owning the bike to get that extended warranty. You don't have to get it until right before your factory warranty runs outs and you CERTAINLY don't have to get it from the stealership you got your bike from.

Like everyone else is saying...it's a bit of buyer's remorse. You'll forget about those emotions as soon as you're out there riding. Enjoy the new steed!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Boxer said:
Buy used. It saves you mad cash. But then again if you like somthing to be brand spankin new then your screwed. I got my 2005 used with about 600 miles for $6300 before taxes ofcourse.
This is sooo true.. and dont' buy from dealerships too. Im not recommending tax fraud but you dont "HAVE TO" put the purchase ammount on your bike, I bought an 05' this year w/ 300 miles for 6650... I see some other ppl got better deals then me but I'm happy!! Anything you buy brand new period, espeically from a veichle dealership immidietly takes great depreciation... BUT at the same time, the bike is 100% yours brand new, so be happy!
Shade-

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
bought my 05 for 8K out the door and felt bad about buying that much.. but eh i live in the tri-state area and people are getting 600RR's for 10 nine before taxes. Dealerships are out to get you no matter what.. once you ride... the remorse will quickly disappear.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i got ripped off, bought my bike used from a dealer. 03 for 7300 with warranties 8000 n gear. sucks the big one. but only way i could of gotten a bike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts