Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 03 RR today. Anything I should know or look for? 10k miles, dropped previous, mostly stock with the exception of flush mounts and chopped fender. Has paperwork from previous owner and oil/filter for oil change.

So far, I've talked to the seller, and ran the VIN at National Insurance Crime Bureau. He lives pretty far away and I'm renting a trailer to tow it back, so can't really check it out too much prior. I will be cold starting it and going for a test ride.

TIA!

·
Registered
457 Posts
He lives pretty far away and I'm renting a trailer to tow it back, so can't really check it out too much prior. I will be cold starting it and going for a test ride.

TIA!
...how much for the bike?
will he let you test ride it before you buy? got any more info,..pics? how did you find it ebay, craigslist,..?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Try to avoid buying at night. I bought my 07 at night and didn't catch a couple of fairing cracks/scratches that were hidden by decals till the next day when I took them off.

·
Registered
457 Posts
4500 seems a little high, for a drop'd 03 w/ 10k

-are you going to pay asking price?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, seems 01-03 F4is go for $4200+ and 03 RRs go for $4500 with 10k+ mileage and drops. I've been searching for over a month and half, each seller flakes or is really firm on their price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What kind of damages exist? For an 03 that has been laid down, 4500 is way too high imo. How long have you been searching for a bike in total? Do not get fixated on the quick purchase as you might regret it once you see better deals in the near future. I assume you're fairly new to bike purchases and it's a good start to ask this community first. Look into the forum classifieds and you'll find deals such as this...www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=147038 or www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=147447 from fellow .net members. FYI, I purchased a very clean black 03 (same pictured) with full exhaust, vortex rear-sets, f.e. kit, and new michelin pilots for 3300 with roughly 16k. Take your time and do your research and you'll be happy with the end results. G/L!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Take your time and do your research and you'll be happy with the end results. G/L!!

:icon_stud----------> +1

-"buyers remorse" really sucks a$$, especially when buying a bike,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of damages exist? For an 03 that has been laid down, 4500 is way too high imo. How long have you been searching for a bike? Do not get fixated on the quick purchase as you might regret it once you see better deals in the near future. I assume you're fairly new to bike purchases and it's a good start to ask this community first. Look into the forum classifieds and you'll find deals such as this...www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=147038 from fellow .net members. FYI, I purchased a very clean black 03 (same pictured) with full exhaust, vortex rear-sets,f.e. kit, and new michelin pilots for 3300 with roughly 16k. Take your time and do your research and you'll be happy with the end results. G/L!!
There is no way I'll be paying 4500 for it, 4k tops. I've been searching every now and then for the past year, but really started to take interest the last month and half. Nope, I don't get fixated on quick purchases, I'm actually a hardcore researcher when it comes to buying items. My thought is there will always be better deals in the future, as the summer technically will end soon. I'm not too worried about getting the best deal of the year, i just want a great deal now, so I can take advantage of our great weather. I know the best time to buy a bike is in the off season and not peak riding season, but like I said I'd like to enjoy our great weather now. As for finding deals, I've been going through this boards classifieds as well as local boards and the ones that I've found that are deals are usually salvaged , something fishy going on with the title, or high miles (local boards).

Lastly, I'm not looking for a modded bike. I know it's like a freebie, but a lot of people like to rig things up when things don't go as planned. I don't like other people's headache's.

Thanks everybody for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
just thought I'd throw this out there. Picked up my 05 last week with 4500 miles on it with pipe, fender eliminator, flushmounts, frame sliders, and levers for $4500. 4k even seems a little high for the bike but if you like it go for it!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
-what city and state is it in?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I paid $5000 for my 06:five: But it had twice the miles:all_cohol

·
Registered
580 Posts
damn! you guys are lucky. here in RSA the 05 will go for around $5600(after rate conversion), if you're lucky enough to find it at that price! my 08 costed $8750 and that was considered a good price.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I paid 4500 for a dropped (rashed fairings but other wise ok) 06 with 3400 miles on it. I know I got a killer deal, but you are getting hossssssed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think prices in Seattle are higher due to the fact we can only ride for 2 weeks of the year lol. ;) Whereas places like Florida and Cali, they can ride year round and have an abundance of bikes up for sale.

·
Registered
580 Posts
dude, just seen spoonf20c (username) is selling his bike for the same price with half the mileage and tons of mods. go check it out. search '2004 600rr cleanly' and the thread should pop up..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dude, just seen spoonf20c (username) is selling his bike for the same price with half the mileage and tons of mods. go check it out. search '2004 600rr cleanly' and the thread should pop up..
Thanks for the tip, but he is in So Cal. :( I'm way up here in WA. It would cost me some $$$ to ship it and who knows what happens then.

For anybody interested, here is the link he is referring to. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=147296

1 - 20 of 32 Posts