Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much can i expect to pay for my totalled 600rr from my insurance company. progressive is the ins co btw.
only damage is the upper fairing/headlight, both wheels, right mid fairing, right clutch cover, and a little rash on the seat fairing.
they estimated the damages upward of 6k with labor and totalled it.
i should also mention the bike has only 300 miles.

anybody had experiences similar to this?
any feedback is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
bernie

·
Registered
17 Posts
wholly crap man!!! I just went down on my bike last friday ( a week ago) and the estimated damages were 4300. I scratched the:
nose fairing
left middle,lower fairing
tail section
crank case cover
swing arm (i think that is what it is called)
and just about everything else on the left side. Things must be really expensive where you live. Did you pay alot for the bike? over 6k I bet :x . As far as buying the bike back you can you just have to talk to your insurance company and they will give you a price and you can pay that or not pay that. If it is reasonable enough maybe you could fix the bike for cheap and sell it and try to break even. Good luck man

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Bernie,
first you gotta tell us how it happened. j/k....did you price the parts it needs yet? Are you sure the forks aren`t tweaked from whatever damaged the wheel?
BTW, welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
You can always bargin with the price's aswell as your payoff. They will take the ammount of the buy back and take it off the ammount of payoff your going to get. Say they are giving you $6k for the bike and the buy back it $2k. You would get $k back from them. Depending on how much you owe and if you have gap insurance it might make more sence to jsut let them have it. It's all up to you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have someone who will sell his entire yellow body kit off his converted race bike for 1500. i have found wheels from Discount Honda Parts for 350 a piece. i think after selling some of those parts that i don't need then buying the wheels i will prolly break even. basically i feel if the forks arent bent i could fix the bike for no more than 1800. if the forks are bent i could pick up a set off ebay for like 300

both wheels are bent on the rim due to the slide it did down the road. but the bike wheelied and threw me off and landed kind of hard on the front wheel then fell and slid.

i rode it home and the front wheel seemed bent horizontally also. it m ay just be the wheel axle though. or it could be much worse adn be the forks. although the forks seem straight.

man, this is just sounding like to much trouble. i may just get a new bike. i was hoping to come out ahead with a little cash in the bank. going throught the salvage crap through dmv may be a pain also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts