Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that I have asked quite a few questions, but here is another for you. I was walking through a stealership yesterday in Colorado. About how much will the dealership come off of the bike price. I.e. they were asking 7500 for an 05 600rr. Being that I have never purchased a street bike, what are things that they should/ could throw in w/ the purchase of the bike. Also what season is the best time to have the best leverage? Late summer, winter, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
From what i've seen, shops around here will throw in a helmet, oil change, and usually they will sell you gear at their cost. I'm, sure some places are tight asses and wont give you anything. If they wont throw in anything, you might as well go find that bike cheaper from an individual, and order your gear from a site spnsor?!

·
Registered
787 Posts
shop around, i think you can find a better deal than 7500 for an 05

my 06 was 7800, theres also a dealership in in tennessee thats selling them for just under 7600....if youre gonna buy an 05 for 7500, might as well drive to tennessee and buy an 06 for 100 bucks more plus gas cost

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If you are dead set on a new one, that's a good price... I'm assuming it's a holdover...

Just out of curiosity, what was their asking price on an '06?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I got my 05' new for 7300 tax included and they wouldnt throw anything else in.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Make it simple. Dont buy from a stealership. Look for a used with only low miles. Pay a lot less. Use the money you saved and buy gear. Because you will need it. I will never buy new. There is always someone with what you will want.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm about 2 to 3 months out from having the cash on hand to buy a used RR and the protection necessary.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I managed to get my new 05 last sept. for $6,900 before taxes at my local dealership. If they will throw in a decent helment for the price they quoted you, I would go for it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
used bike market is sucha rip off it is almost better to buy new.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this is one diverse crowd!? Some are saying buy new, and others are saying buy used. So what is it!? j/k. But seriously... do you think i'll get a better deal late summer, or fall versus Winter/ spring?

Thanks guys, be safe.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
hey bud,
The various answers have to do with people's location in the US.

For instance, here in ND, I can't buy a new RR for less than $8000 + tax, title, license
However, I can find a deal on a used one for much much less.

Now, if I lived in Tennesee, I could go pick up a new RR for around $7-$7300, and I'm sure a used one won't be a lot lower.

For me up here in ND, I'll never buy a new ride, but if I lived elsewhere... well, that would change the situation.

Best thing to do is keep on searching for the next few months. Continue to write down the good deals you find and you'll have a good idea what to pay when the time comes.
I picked up a '04 GSX-R600 for $4850 w/ low miles, so it's just a matter of keeping up with it, and getting lucky I suppose.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah, in WI the 06's are going for around 8900.. haven't found a dealership that will come much lower. I got my 04 left over in 05 for 7995.. cheapest I couldnt find, and dealer wouldnt move or throw anything in. Dealer 20 mi's away wanted 8499 for a left over 04 back in 05

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
VA_Swagga said:
I went to my local dealer and they tried to sell me an 05 RR with 3k miles for 8300. And an 06 9k otd.

I'll sell you my 05 with 1200 miles right now for $8,000

frame sliders
swingarm sliders
Brand new set of Pilot Powers
And few other minor goodies.

$8,000 and I'll deliver it up to 300 miles

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got my 03 with 1800 miles on it from the dealership for 1000 bucks....plus my 01 f4i with 14000 on it....never down or anything..they changed the oil but didnt throw anything else in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey coskibum, good luck getting the dealers around here to move a whole lot on the prices. I bought my bike in mid February and all the dealers were pretty much set on prices. If you're looking at the Excel dealers, check both the stores on south Santa Fe and east Colfax. The Colfax store price was $1000 less than the south Santa Fe store on an 05 1000RR. Try checking with Sun Honda, RPM Motorsports and Fay Meyers too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts