Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this: A guy is selling his bike in another state at a really good price because hes going to iraq. He wants to use ebay buyer protection and he will ship it to me on his cost...

does this sound legit to you? its not a known scam is it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Be very cautious with out of state purchases. Especially ones with stories of needing to sell because of Iraq or divorce. Combine these two with offers that are entirely too good!!!!:tard: As mentioned before, have a relative or friend in that state check it out for you. After you mention that to most shammers, they will back down all of a sudden. Just my .02. C6r

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats pretty much my opinion too, i have been talking with the guy via email this weekend and have maintained a very skeptical mindset... I'm just not sure what the scam here would be... its a 2006 600rr with 1100 miles and he sent me pictures i requested. the bike is in alaska and i know a lot of AK natl guard units are being sent to iraq. im assuming its not going to work out but if it does then yay me i guess...

D

·
0 Posts
Let me guess. The guy claims he's from Alaska but is selling from California?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm, idk where is claims to be from now. he says the bike is in alaska and the post was in milwaukee wi..

D

·
0 Posts
umm, idk where is claims to be from now. he says the bike is in alaska and the post was in milwaukee wi..
Scam. There's been some guy claiming he has a bike in Alaska and is being shipped out to Iraq so he needs to sell the bike because he doesn't want it in his garage. There's been a few threads already about it on here.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Seem very fishy coming from Alaska, just because another guy from this forum had a similar sweet deal from a guy in Alaska he posted in craigslist.

If you can have your buddy in Alaska check it out then that would be cool
If not then i would recommend you do not send any money.

at least bluff that your buddy in Alaska wants to check it out.
:bitch_ple

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i keep telling him we should talk on the phone, then he doesnt say anything. his english sucks too. did the other guy have pics, maybe we can see if its the same bike

i gave him my addy and phone number, there cant be any harm in that though can there?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i wasnt planning on it unless i was able to get some more confidence that it was legit... sucks though! i woudlnt mind having an rr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i will probably be in the market come next season.. im in wisconsin so theres only a couple months left here and my sv650s is good for now.

D

·
0 Posts
Just wondering, why should we have to win you over? Gixxer.com seems right for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts