Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to be purchasing an 07 GSXR 750 but I had a quick question. I will be doing an internet purchase and the bike is used. He suggested we go through vehicleguardians.com and we are set to do a transaction but bc I am a new user it requires that I go through western union to transfer the money to the escrow service.

I am a little worried about the western union does anyone have experience with it and could help me out with the process and how safe it is? I just dont want to worry about being scammed with what may seem like a lengthy process.

The details is that he is going to Iraq in less than a month and wishes to sell the bike. 07 750 with 820 miles. Never crashed or dropped. Checked the VIN seems to check out nothing bad with it like he mentioned. Im just assuming he really wants to get rid of it is all and being very generous is offering military shipping as well. He is asking 2900 for the bike.

Hoping for quick responses seeing as how I look forward to purchasing this bike for an early christmas/birthday present to myself!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you're serious about your question...then its a scam. $2900 for a bike with 820 miles on it. I'm sure you've heard the saying. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Add to that Western Union. Yup. Scam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it sounds WAYYYY too good to be true for me as well. But if he has the VIN and it checks out maybe Im missing something? But the service is allowing me to view the bike in front of my face before I confirm the money to be let go to the seller. And this escrow service is recommended by cycle trader so I doubt their bsing me as well... I dk hopefully things can work out, anyone else have any ideas?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
come man are u this TRUST WORTHY SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
BRO

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is a total scam. I bet you saw this ad on craigslist. There is someone posting up differnt bikes in differnt cities almost everyday. All bikes are almost brand new and they are all going for $2900. These ads don't stay up too long becuase they get flagged almost right away.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I tell you what if you have 2900 to throw away let me have it. In all seroiusness almost anything that needs money orders are scams now. Since money orders are non tracable cash. Please just forget you saw the scam and move on man. I do not even know you but i feel bad already that you almost just lost a ton.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yea he said bc hes on a military base their not allowed to have a camera. Any other way to call his bluff? Others suggested that I tell him that Ill fly to him and see if he bites...
I call BS personel can have cameras and visitors cannot. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah, definitly a scam, 07' with 820 miles for only 2900 through western union, honestly just forget about ever seeing that deal...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I guess up until the Western Union part he had me... Sorry for being such a newb. I let the inner child within get the best of me. I just want to ride so bad, but have never purchased a bike. It was way too good, and I was being very rash/foolish about it. Thank you all for warning me and looking out for me. Almost every person on multiple forums have said the same thing and I would rather trust you guys than one stranger. But Ill hate you all if he was legit haha j/k... Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Yea I guess up until the Western Union part he had me... Sorry for being such a newb. I let the inner child within get the best of me. I just want to ride so bad, but have never purchased a bike. It was way too good, and I was being very rash/foolish about it. Thank you all for warning me and looking out for me. Almost every person on multiple forums have said the same thing and I would rather trust you guys than one stranger. But Ill hate you all if he was legit haha j/k... Thanks again!!!
better to miss out on a amazing deal then to get fuked and be out alot of money

·
Registered
47 Posts
Learn what i Just did: Give the Serial # to the Manufacturer (or their Dealer) they will happily give you all the Info on that unit..
It's Educational in the v least :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts