Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that this topic has been covered from time to time...but I thought maybe we could all elaborate a litte more and put it all together here. I've noticed my bike to have a few different annoying vibrations and jingles that I would very much like to take care of and get rid of. Please list a description of the noise you've heard AND how you fixed it. If you haven't found it...don't mention it. This should be a found and fixed thread....

I'll go first.

Was getting a loud jingling sound coming from the front end...this noise was coming from the bar ends. If you take off your bar ends there is a loose washer that sits inside there. Take it off and cover it with silicone and put back together. Should take care of that problem

Next.....

·
Registered
502 Posts
WHEN I FIRST FIRE THE BIKE ,I HEAR A TICKING SOUND,THIS DOESNOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME I FIRE UP, IT SEEMS THAT IF I GIVE A LITTLE GAS THIS TICKING SOUND GOES AWAY! THAT AND I HAVE A LOOSE SCREW ROLLING AROUND IN MY HIGH BEAM LIGHT, THAT JUST LOVES TO MAKE NOISE.

·
Registered
932 Posts
After riding the bike for a couple of hundred miles, the front breaks started to sound like a "moaning seal". There were a couple posts about this. After some time/riding, the sound went away. This was also the conclusion of several other people.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YELLOW RR said:
WHEN I FIRST FIRE THE BIKE ,I HEAR A TICKING SOUND,THIS DOESNOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME I FIRE UP, IT SEEMS THAT IF I GIVE A LITTLE GAS THIS TICKING SOUND GOES AWAY! THAT AND I HAVE A LOOSE SCREW ROLLING AROUND IN MY HIGH BEAM LIGHT, THAT JUST LOVES TO MAKE NOISE.
here's the problem...you know where its at and what's causing it....fix that beeotch mang!

that would have to drive you crazy huh?

·
Registered
638 Posts
between 4-4.5K rpm, i hear a moaning sound from the transmission when I am on the gas. sounds like "wooaanh" (if that helps) .. it goes awa when i am no on the gas. do you gyrs hear it too?

·
Registered
284 Posts
A ticking noise could mean you need the cam chain tensioner replaced. This is common on Honda 600CC bikes. My F4 had a bad ticking noise when I let off the throttle.........I finally figured out it was a bad cam chain tensioner!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
the ticking sound is from the fuel injectors it goes away once the bike is warmed up same deal with most of the new cars

·
Registered
59 Posts
Up to 8K i get a little rattleing noise, but past that all i hear is the great sound of the bike growling !!!! I think i can put up with the little rattle !!! :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts