Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of running in my 06 cbr and have noticed that when the revs rise to around 5k there is this buzzing noise different to the engine note almost as tho something is vibrating or flaping really fast.

I however feel its a noise coming from the engine any ideas what it could be I first thought maybe those second set of injectors coming in.

No warning lights light up and it seems to rum fine and pulls strongly.

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Tank cover, it's normal. If you press in the recessed area at the front of the tank cover it should go away. Most people put some type of padding/double sided tape etc. under it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yeah my bike does the same thing. Dont worry about it and keep those revs above 5k!

·
Registered
732 Posts
i'm glad you asked this question. i have the same thing but it sounds like it's coming from just under the steering bolt. At first i thought it was the extra key on my key chain so i took it off but, it's still there. i'll have to try the tape trick.

N

·
0 Posts
Man, you guys have sensitive hearing.

If it's not affecting the performance of the bike then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Tank cover, it's normal. If you press in the recessed area at the front of the tank cover it should go away. Most people put some type of padding/double sided tape etc. under it.
Yep. Just ignore it. Or do the fix. It will only bother you if you let it.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
I fixed mine when I had the cover off installing my PC3. Otherwise it would still be doing it.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
havent seen this one repost in a LOOOOOOONG time.

cool!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the process of running in my 06 cbr and have noticed that when the revs rise to around 5k there is this buzzing noise different to the engine note almost as tho something is vibrating or flaping really fast.

I however feel its a noise coming from the engine any ideas what it could be I first thought maybe those second set of injectors coming in.

No warning lights light up and it seems to rum fine and pulls strongly.

Thanks Paul
I posted pics of where the buzzing noise came from on mine but can NOT for the life of me find them when I use the search function here on the forum.....
SO here they are again !
I hope this helps you and the other guys that need an answer to the buzzing problem
This is where my buzz, vibration, noise at 5k ( 5000 RPM ) to 6k ( 6000 RPM ) was coming from.

This view is with the tank cover off looking from front to the back of bike at the bracket that holds the ECU

Same area looking from the back to the front
View from underside of tank cover shows rub marks

View from top of tank cover shows where it's rubbing inside. Press here when you here your buzz & see if it goes away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts