Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Run a jumper wire from outside wire to outside wire on the plug. There are 3 wires so that should make sense.

I use a piece of safety wire for a jumper that I wrap with electric tape when I have track skins on since there's nowhere for me to mount the bas

" insert clever quote here"

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cuz it'll add 10hp to the rear :)
Hmmm, OK. Seriously though, why would you want to remove a safety future that has no restriction on power or handling? Unless you are some serious demon on the road or track that lean it so low the bike "thinks" it has fallen over? Please enlighten.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Prob does wheelies stunters disable it because the bike will cut off near the balance point.
Nope, it works side to side. To cut the motor when/if you lay it down or it falls over. Can only be mounted in one way. If you could mount it sideways it would tell the ECU your bike is on its side when you wheelie and cut the motor. (Have you seen what it looks like if a rider goes down, get caught-up in the rear wheel running full throttle in 6th gear.... Nasty!)

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
The main reason for the sensor is to kill the motor so you dont starve it of oil when its laying on its side running

Reactions: SmuRRf

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
The HRC ECU is programmed to allow the BAS to lean farther without cutting the engine.
Makes me wonder if anyone has leaned one of these bikes far enough in a turn to cut the engine...yikes!!!

I want my engine shutting off when I go down, in case the bike and I make contact.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tip over sensor

Hmmm, OK. Seriously though, why would you want to remove a safety future that has no restriction on power or handling? Unless you are some serious demon on the road or track that lean it so low the bike "thinks" it has fallen over? Please enlighten.
just because i dont want to buy one, got a crashed bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts