Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to remove my kickstand fort WSMC and was curious how I do it. Someone told me I just cut the wire and ground them together but that didn't work. Anyong know how? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
You need to know if the switch is normally open or normally closed. If the switch is normally open then you need to twist the two wires together, if the switch is normally closed, then you should just be able to cut the wires and leave them.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
hmmm well what the hell. I don't have any schematic so I don't know what else to try. I think if you pull your seat off, you will see a connector where the stand switch connects. Unplug that and short the first and third wires with a paperclip and see if that works.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't bother taking off my switch. Just took the stem part off and kept the switch mounted. This way, you can put the stand back on without cutting any wires.

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
It is a straight cut and splice... What makes you think it didn't work???
You can start the bike, but when you put it in gear it stalls????

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
AlpineJim said:
I think he's racing in the WSMC - Willow Springs Motorcycle Club...
:sign10:

If you have cut the wires and shorted them together on the wire harness side, and it still doesn't work........... It's something else. btw. if you follow the wires for the sensor up a ways, there is a connector and you would not have to cut the wires, just jumper the connector!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts