Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I was still curious. How many of you guys that took your ride test on a sport bike had a really hard time doing the clockwise ride around the circle?
I'm having one hell of a time pulling that off.. I've been practicing at night before my test on Aug. 11th. I can do the counterclockwise just fine.. But going the other way is terrible. I've only done it successfully 3 times, and I was hauling ass around that circle.. Think I need to slow it down as well to be able to pass.
I do plan on taking the MSF, just honestly can't afford it right now, and I need my license to be able to commute back and forth to work on my bike.

Anyone have any tips for me? The only thing I've noticed so far is if I hold my right grip as far out as I can with still being able to work the throttle, it helps in doing the right hand turn in the circle.

C

·
0 Posts
i guess just keep practing for it i took the msf course but it was cheaper for me since i am 19 but goodluck when you take the test

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not sure how it is where you live, but here in Georgia, if you take and pass the Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program course, they give you a certificate that you take to DMV to get your M endorsement. That's what I did. It was a breeze passing on their bikes - Honda and Suzuki 125's. The course was 3 hours Friday night, then 8-4 Saturday and Sunday, lots of riding practice.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
same thing in california, but based on your age it's like 200+bux i think. i know most ppl also preach to take the msf class. personally i passed my dmv test on a brand new 1kRR...LOL

·
Registered
594 Posts
doing circles is fun. if you dont want to pay for msf, then practice. i personally just took msf because its so easy to pass.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, just thought I'd give a little update. My test is tomorrow morning, I'm gonna give it a shot on my 600rr. I've been practicing, and I think I'm getting pretty damn good at it. I can do everything with keeping my front tire in the lines. Only thing I'm unsure of is if they'll let me pass at the speed I'm going.. I'm going around the circle a little fast.

Thanks for everyones advice. I do still plan on taking the MSF even if I pass my test tomorrow. Just can't afford it right now.
I'll post back and let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

·
Registered
491 Posts
2nd gear with clutch control for tight circles & 8's.
Don't just think about the circles and figure 8's. Remember to use your turn signal and turn the signal off as well after you turn. Make sure you look and turn your head before you pull into the road, not just the mirror. If you can do all those things and maybe screw up once on the figure 8's, you will still pass.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It's harder to do clockwise circle if you're right handed. I suggest do counter steering and with lots of practice on throttle/clutch control. Look through your turn, and shift your butt to the left, and work the clutch.

Let us know if you pass.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, just got back from the DMV and I passed! Did it on my 03 600rr, far from an ideal bike to take this test on. I think the staff at the DMV was more encouraging than anyone else there. Had a few people that were in line behind me tell me it was a huge mistake trying that test on the sport bike and that I would never pass.

Anyways, thanks for everyones advice. I think the best thing for anyone trying to pass this test on any bike is to just practice as much as possible.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Ok, just got back from the DMV and I passed! Did it on my 03 600rr, far from an ideal bike to take this test on. I think the staff at the DMV was more encouraging than anyone else there. Had a few people that were in line behind me tell me it was a huge mistake trying that test on the sport bike and that I would never pass.

Anyways, thanks for everyones advice. I think the best thing for anyone trying to pass this test on any bike is to just practice as much as possible.
Congrats!!!!!:all_cohol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.. I was considering renting a bike.. But I had already put alot of time in practicing on the 600rr and got pretty comfortable on it. So I figured I may as well give it a shot.
It's good to finally be 100% legal too.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Thanks guys.. I was considering renting a bike.. But I had already put alot of time in practicing on the 600rr and got pretty comfortable on it. So I figured I may as well give it a shot.
It's good to finally be 100% legal too.
same way i felt when i finally got my green card:all_cohol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts