Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided that I'm tired of putting autozone headlights on my track bike and that its time to build a street-only bike since I just don't enjoy riding my 600rr on public roads anymore. I'm pretty set on a classic style cafe racer and I'm looking for recommendations on good bikes to start with. Below is a picture of a 1989 honda GB500 which more or less depicts the look I'm hoping to get. What bikes do you guys/gals think would make good starting points for my summer cafe project? I'm limiting myself to $3000 including parts and I'll do pretty much all of the work myself.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list for this....it's my dream bike when it comes to that style.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Last year at the Honda Hoot a group of about 20 passed us all on Cafe racers. I don't know if they were all Hondas or not but it looked cool as sh1t seeing that in a large group.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
GA_RR said:
Go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list for this....it's my dream bike when it comes to that style.

that thing is sweet, go with that!

·
Registered
385 Posts
GB500's are awesome and with a decent rider you can really stick it to less experienced riders on newer, bigger bikes when the road turns really twisty.

I will own one someday, but they are quasi-collectable, and it seems you can't find them in decent shape for less than $5000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts