Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and another went out for a ride today and everything was great until on the way back a guy tried to hit us. We were driving down the road and we came up to this car so Jonnyv (the other member) goes to pass him when the guy just swirves towards him. Luckily Jonny was fast enough to get by. I see the guy swerve so I try to floor it past him through the break down lane not wanting to get stuck behind some nut case. Well as I go for it he sees me and whips his car the other direction towards me. Now thank god we were in a semi-residential area with a side walk because most of our ride was through wooded areas. Anyways he comes at me and I end up having him just miss me as I drive up onto the side walk to avoid him. I drove down the sidewalk a few feet until I came up to a sign in the middle of the sidewalk that I could not get by and end up having to jump my bike off of the sidewalk. I didn't realize how hard I hit until I just got home to see my liscence plate all bend to **** because I must have bottomed out coming off the sidewalk. I can't imagine that if neither of us got by the guy was going to stop. Instead we would be on that rode right now either dead or dying. Moral of the story is watch out because their are obviously people out their that will kill you for no apparent reason. Ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
man dude, thats hardcore there, glad everythin turned out alright....some people are just crazy like that, stupid mofos

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because now that we were both infront of him we didn't know if he was going to hit us from behind or what. We just took off down the rode. You can't really follow someone home if you are in front of him and trying to not get killed. Not to mention it would have been my luck to jump off my bike, follow him home or whatever and the last thing I saw was him step out the car with a gun. I survived one mishap I didn't really want to go looking for another one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Trust me when I say this... you make your own bed sometimes when you ride a certain way.... just make sure that you are passing in a safe place, and a legal place. Nothing unnerves other motorists more than some guy ripping around him in a double yellow, or closing into a corner. I know from experience, as I watched a friend of mine almost go to blows with a guy for passing him in a terrible spot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it was on a flat straight rode in a passing zone. I don't care how you slice it no reason for attempted motorvehicle homicide.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i agree getting away is the best policy

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
600rr0504 said:
Well it was on a flat straight rode in a passing zone. I don't care how you slice it no reason for attempted motorvehicle homicide.
True.No matter what you did,the other guy is in the wrong for putting your life in danger.There's a difference between pissing a guy off in a car and trying to run a bike off the rode from inside the car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me once, I was out with about 8 or 9 other bikes ridin out in the country. I was at the back of the pack when the pack went to pass this blue explorer. Well I guess she decided she'd had enough of us punk kids so when it came to be my turn to pass her she swerved at me hard, and almost forced me into an oncoming car. frickin ignorant whore

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
First thing I do when I'm behind a car that's driving like an A-hole is instantly run the licence plate number through my head a few times just incase something happens down the road a little..I do it all the time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea but it wasn't like we had any idea the guy was going to be a f'in nut. Jonny went to pass him and then the guy tried to hit him. I didn't want to get stuck behind him and when I saw my friend almost get taken out I just wanted to get by the guy and get far far away from him. I didn't think to get the plate number. I guess it is one of those things where you look back and say why didn't I do that but at the time it wasn't my first priority. I'm just glad the bike landed as well as it did going 50 mph off of that curb. I'm new and all I thought when I went off was it was all over. Be safe guys.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There are way too many retards out there that need a good ass whoopin. Glad you two are all right.

·
Registered
876 Posts
that sucks man, glad to hear you two made it ok.. I hate it when I am splitting lane and then cagers keeps merging close to me.. I know how you feel...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Guys, you have to realize that there are physco people out there that will try to "Teach you a lesson" if they percieve, right or wrong, that your doing something wrong in their eyes. Is it Ok for someone to swerve at you with thier vehicle? Absolutely not! But you have to do everything in your power to make sure you don't put yourself in that position. Would it have been better to pass on the sidewalk or simple let the driver "win" by staying behind him. That's a question only you can answer. But it would obviously be the safest option to be "left behind".

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree but by no means did I want to pass on the sidewalk. I only went on the sidewalk because the guy was coming at me so fast I had no other way out. It was either be hit or go on the sidewalk. Yet again looking back now I could have stayed behind him but at the time I just wanted to get away.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to LA

When lane splitting every now and then you'll see people purposely swerve towards the middle in an attempt to block your route.....Happens all the time....

I had one lady follow me to a grocery store and yell at me for splitting lanes at 15 mph......I don't put up with that, I told her she had 1 minute to stop harassing me before i called the police......needless to say, she stopped.....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. There are spazzes everywhere.

I saw the same thing happen here in Japan a few weeks back, but it was kind of the rider's fault in this case (not in yours by any means). Riding 2 up he decided to filter through traffic at a red light, then started off slowly, which is stupid because if you're going to get to the front you need to be getting out in front fast and not jamming up the road. The idiot drifted into the car's lane and nearly hit the car, then the driver gunned it past him and hit the brakes. The bike slowed down on time, but then the car driver decided to ride alongside this bike and gradually drift over, forcing the bike towards the sidewalk (road was 3 lanes wide). I decided to hang back and see what happened just in case a plate was needed, but luckily it ended there. There are psychos out there and who knows what's pissed them off already on the day - best to avoid them at all costs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts