Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever gone to war with a cager? I don't mean like crashing into them.
I mean like, has one ever followed you, and repeatedly, tried to cut you off or anything of that nature? After a traffic jam I had some dude follow me, and he would switch lanes awfully close to me. Eventually he gave up, but he would honk at me and follow me, speed past me, and cut close going into the lane I was in. I ended up finally getting in front of him on a straightway exit ramp, putting the bike in nuetral and holding my middle finger with my left hand behind me. At that point he dropped back. When we got to the light he wouldn't look at me.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else here? Or am I just " that guy" That has " that look" or something? haha

Since I love you guys so much and you know you get free thanks for commenting my threads, let me hear your stories/opinions.

and to TheX, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear what you got for me on this one buddy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
X will say "don't ride like a tard and they won't do this to you"

Sent from iPhone motorcycle app.
Lmao, from what he said at the bottom I figured he would say the same thing although I don't know him at all.

You should start recording every ride you go on, seems you have a few interesting incidents :p

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
power and mobility should remove the reason for irritation.

as the smaller animal on the road it is your best defense.....

do not hang around, get gone.

leave them behind....especially in Bay area traffic.....

and i have never seen aLEO bother w/ 2 wheels on the hwy around your area....

loads of wackos out lately.....

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
power and mobility should remove the reason for irritation.

as the smaller animal on the road it is your best defense.....

do not hang around, get gone.

leave them behind....especially in Bay area traffic.....

and i have never seen aLEO bother w/ 2 wheels on the hwy around your area....

loads of wackos out lately.....

Yeah, I guess Im still in the "driving like a cager" mindframe, since im still new to my bike. I gotta start possibly being more assertive.

TheX is a cool dude, and he probably would say this to me. But I was not driving like a tard all I did was filter in a traffic jam. the jam stopped (police officer and about 2-3 other cars, possible accident?) He just started following me. Guess I should have ran from him.

and what do you mean, by internet heroes response?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I hate how drivers don't understand how dangerous their actions are to us. I also hate to admit that my wife is one of those assholes that will purposely block a bike from splitting lanes in traffic. I'm still waiting for someone to break her mirror so she can learn. Unfortunately she can be hard headed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Best thing you can probably do is just drop back, create some space and/or take a different route, my life isn't worth proving to some cager my point...they will win every time.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just here for a free "thanks" :shakehand

I've only been on this site a little over a month, and have already made myself famous for " Free Thanks" you get a thanks cause I like your honesty... and you get a "asshat!" for not being an active responder in this post!

But you know I love the fact you visited! :shakehand

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I hate how drivers don't understand how dangerous their actions are to us. I also hate to admit that my wife is one of those assholes that will purposely block a bike from splitting lanes in traffic. I'm still waiting for someone to break her mirror so she can learn. Unfortunately she can be hard headed.
Break her mirror for her!!!

I had this dude honk at me for swerving back and forth in my lane (for like 2 seconds), and maybe I was riding like a tard but oh well! So what I did was reach my middle finger to the small of my back towards him just like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've only been on this site a little over a month, and have already made myself famous for " Free Thanks" you get a thanks cause I like your honesty... and you get a "asshat!" for not being an active responder in this post!

But you know I love the fact you visited! :shakehand

Hahaha sounds like a deal. Back to topic - I'm still very new to motorcycles so i probably look all scared and jumpy so people don't mess with me yet. A couple of tailgaters so far but nothing as serious as your guy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had someone try to follow me home last summer. It was pretty messed up and I've got no idea how/if I provoked him. Unfortunately it happened very close to my home and I was already in my neighborhood before I got a bit of a funny feeling from it. I knew it would be a bad idea to pull into my house and risk showing him where I lived, so I decided to just ride around the neighborhood in circles to see if he would turn into a driveway. When I started looping back to streets I had already been on I knew for sure he wasn't leaving. Ended up making a very quick turn into a cul-de-sac and essentially looped around behind him. He immediately pulled over as soon as I got behind him so I just hit the breaks about 50 feet back from his car and waited. We sat there for about 45 seconds before he pulled away from the curb and drove off.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had someone try to follow me home last summer. It was pretty messed up and I've got no idea how/if I provoked him. Unfortunately it happened very close to my home and I was already in my neighborhood before I got a bit of a funny feeling from it. I knew it would be a bad idea to pull into my house and risk showing him where I lived, so I decided to just ride around the neighborhood in circles to see if he would turn into a driveway. When I started looping back to streets I had already been on I knew for sure he wasn't leaving. Ended up making a very quick turn into a cul-de-sac and essentially looped around behind him. He immediately pulled over as soon as I got behind him so I just hit the breaks about 50 feet back from his car and waited. We sat there for about 45 seconds before he pulled away from the curb and drove off.

EPIC! I havent had that yet but I find that worse then my situation! good job though sorry it had to happen to you.

FLY-Yeah i was like that oo my first few weeks but Im more "stable " now but still green as all hell!

and THAT MIDDLE FINGER WAS EPIC AS HELL! LOVE IT THANK YOU!

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'll take ownership when i do something stupid, but that's for another time and another place...

however, i will say, being in the los angeles area, traffic has gotten worse since the 405 construction, meaning patience seems to be even lower than ZERO for cagers... suddenly, i get people honking at me if i pull infront of the lead car at a red light... i mean, angry honking as if i have just ended their lives completely because they are no longer the first car in the line...

and i have noticed, as of late, i've had a couple of cars swerve over to not let me split lanes through traffic, but that's purely out of hate... was never as bad as it is now, with the 405 construction...

OORRR, it could just be some large cosmic coincidence tied in with the ancient mayans being right about the world coming to an end??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'll take ownership when i do something stupid, but that's for another time and another place...

however, i will say, being in the los angeles area, traffic has gotten worse since the 405 construction, meaning patience seems to be even lower than ZERO for cagers... suddenly, i get people honking at me if i pull infront of the lead car at a red light... i mean, angry honking as if i have just ended their lives completely because they are no longer the first car in the line...

and i have noticed, as of late, i've had a couple of cars swerve over to not let me split lanes through traffic, but that's purely out of hate... was never as bad as it is now, with the 405 construction...

OORRR, it could just be some large cosmic coincidence tied in with the ancient mayans being right about the world coming to an end??

You and the Mayan's could possibly be right... BUT
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they had to wait in traffic, and I got to filter through/lane split. I've had cars swerve. Honk Cuss throw stuff at me. It's all in a day's work I say! BUT I do believe in all honesty it's because Im a young man on a sports bike, backpack. All black clothes/bike black visor, maybe they think im a hoodlum I dunno?

·
Registered
259 Posts
As far as lane splitting goes I think it pisses people off because it makes them feel they are being cut in line. I don't do it since it isn't legal in Florida but I know many who do. It just seems to bring out that angry, "Hey you cut me!" mentallity. Try it in any other line . . . grocery store, movie theater, theme park. You will get the same reaction. Stupid really because, as you and I know, we aren't slowing them down at all.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as lane splitting goes I think it pisses people off because it makes them feel they are being cut in line. I don't do it since it isn't legal in Florida but I know many who do. It just seems to bring out that angry, "Hey you cut me!" mentallity. Try it in any other line . . . grocery store, movie theater, theme park. You will get the same reaction. Stupid really because, as you and I know, we aren't slowing them down at all.

Amen brother. Before when I was in traffic when i saw a bike filtering I would think in my head " BASTARD! IM GETTING MINE SOON VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!"

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
rush hour highway traffic is great for pi$$ed off cagers, I once had a guy swerve so hard to block me that he clipped the van full of construction workers in the next lane

his face was priceless when I went witness for the van

·
Registered
358 Posts
rush hour highway traffic is great for pi$$ed off cagers, I once had a guy swerve so hard to block me that he clipped the van full of construction workers in the next lane

his face was priceless when I went witness for the van
:crackup: nothing less than he deserved.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts