Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Ride Red
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So go figure, the other day it's BEAUTIFUL outside, bright and sunny and I'm following this douche in a beamer. Totally old and mellow that doesn't care about what's really happening, or paying attention.

Then (NO LIE) I just think to myself, how sh*tty would it be if someone hits the washer fluid while I'm riding behind them?

Sure enough, with my visor up, I get a fresh taste of BMW washer fluid. A bit on the sour side, and it left water spots on my sunglasses. Kinda pissed but laughing at the same time thinking what were the odds. THEN HE DOES IT AGAIN! Now I'm pissed for sure. Next stop light I moved up in front of him and give him the evil eye that he couldn't see cuz I had sunglasses on.

So anyway, anyone else gotten a free visor cleaning lately?

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
This always happens right after I wash my car or my bike. Some bloke (although usually a lady, no offense ladies, just my experience) won't wait until the next red light to do it, but does it while they're driving. Same situation as you. For the love of other drivers people, wait, wait, wait until the next stop before you decide to clean your windows. Or at least make sure no one is behind you. And dang it, it's always someone in a Bimmer.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Lol that's a hilarious story...it happens to me only when I'm in my car and just got a car wash though...so far I've had good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I was at a stop light when someone did this...only the fluid thing was aimed a me! No lie, they had modified their wiper fliud sprayer to spray the people next to them!!!

A$$ holes!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
So go figure, the other day it's BEAUTIFUL outside, bright and sunny and I'm following this douche in a beamer. Totally old and mellow that doesn't care about what's really happening, or paying attention.

Then (NO LIE) I just think to myself, how sh*tty would it be if someone hits the washer fluid while I'm riding behind them?

Sure enough, with my visor up, I get a fresh taste of BMW washer fluid. A bit on the sour side, and it left water spots on my sunglasses. Kinda pissed but laughing at the same time thinking what were the odds. THEN HE DOES IT AGAIN! Now I'm pissed for sure. Next stop light I moved up in front of him and give him the evil eye that he couldn't see cuz I had sunglasses on.

seems like you were riding a bit close. a little distance would've prevented this problem.

K

·
0 Posts

I do this to other riders when they are following entirely too close. the whole "pass or get off my ass" thing... i do it for my safety and theirs.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I do this to other riders when they are following entirely too close. the whole "pass or get off my ass" thing... i do it for my safety and theirs.
What? So you'll deliberately splash windshield fluid on those following you, muck up their visors for what? Safety? How about pump your brakes? How about flash your signals? How about sticking your arm out and waving them by? If you were concerned about their safety, don't distract their vision with fluid squirting onto them...

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was at a stop light when someone did this...only the fluid thing was aimed a me! No lie, they had modified their wiper fliud sprayer to spray the people next to them!!!

A$$ holes!!!!
must have sucked but funny if your not getting sprayed

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah funny..I took off my helmet and they were like...oh crap, it's a chick..they apologized...

wankers

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have the washer fluid thing happen to me all the time. It's usually a woman too and she obviously has no idea what she is doing to me. I'll let it go most of the time. However, this one dude in a raised truck flicked his cigarette out and it actually hit me. He knew I was behind him and in the way he did it....I pretty much was suspicious he meant to do it. As he was making a left off the highway and I passed on the right in the through lane....I gave him the finger and yelled at him to watch his stoges!

EDIT: Did anyone notice how hot Keri is. :toothy4:

·
Ride Red
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't anywhere near his ass of the car. He was practically daydreaming. I'm surprised I even hung around long enough for him to do it. We were all the way up in the mountains and I usually don't have patience like that especially when the roads by me are very long and straight as you climb up them. They aren't twisty like.

Besides, you don't need to be tailgating to get the spray all over your face. At 40mph that water spread out nicely.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
lol yeah, I beat you to that one, right Keri.

Yeah, it has happened to me. Why is it that water doesn't fly off your helmet visor at interstate speeds? Maybe I need some Rain-X on it? It pisses me off b/c I wonder if they did it on purpose, but it's always hard to tell.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have the washer fluid thing happen to me all the time. It's usually a woman too and she obviously has no idea what she is doing to me. I'll let it go most of the time. However, this one dude in a raised truck flicked his cigarette out and it actually hit me. He knew I was behind him and in the way he did it....I pretty much was suspicious he meant to do it. As he was making a left off the highway and I passed on the right in the through lane....I gave him the finger and yelled at him to watch his stoges!

I have been hit with ciggy's too. I get pissed when that happens!

and thank you. :surprised

·
Registered
882 Posts
lol yeah, I beat you to that one, right Keri.

Yeah, it has happened to me. Why is it that water doesn't fly off your helmet visor at interstate speeds? Maybe I need some Rain-X on it? It pisses me off b/c I wonder if they did it on purpose, but it's always hard to tell.
haha! True, he was hitting on me yesterday!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I've gotten the washer spray before

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i hate that even when i am in my on cage, then i have to do it and so forth its a domino effect

K

·
0 Posts
What? So you'll deliberately splash windshield fluid on those following you, muck up their visors for what? Safety? How about pump your brakes? How about flash your signals? How about sticking your arm out and waving them by? If you were concerned about their safety, don't distract their vision with fluid squirting onto them...
Um... splash? no. Mist, well most of it goes on the window. very little of it goes behind me onto said rider. it evaporates rather quickly you know.

why not pump my brakes? because i don't want to slow down. Flash signals? Confuses other motorists. waive my arm? i drive an SUV. they don't see my arm... and the ones that do, don't pass.

at highway speeds, any closer than a 4 second gap is too close.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I agree. Some riders just don't know that. Those who don't are probably squids who if they were MISTED on the face with fluid would probably crash. Wait, I forget why that's a bad thing for squids? OH SNAP!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts