Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I highsided at Calabogie a couple days ago coming out of the last corner (left hander going onto the front straight). I was gonna try and put my spare rims on the bike and get back out, but the bike wouldn't start. I tried a whole bunch of **** at the track but finally gave up and came back.

Ron at Washington Cycle Works (shop in NJ) did an awesome job especially with how quickly he found the starting issue. It turns out the bars went to full lock so hard they crushed a wire inside a wiring harness that was against the frame (first pic). Not much is really damaged, just what is is completely destroyed. All the fairings are fine, most aren't even scratched. Not a mark on either frame sliders or case covers. The bike must have bounced several times on the front rim because there are three dents that get progressively worse on the same side. The steering stem was also knocked loose somehow so Ron tightened that up as well. The sidewall on the rear tire has a hole in it from being caught between the asphalt and the rim (there's a corresponding dent in the rim so I'm guessing that's what happened). Anyway here are the pics of the bike's current condition:

You can see the dent the clipons made in the frame which is where the wire got crushed:

Still need a new subframe to bend the exhaust back:

The clamp that holds the cap on the brake reservoir was ripped from the mount, and the fairing stay/intake are both cracked with pieces broken off:

Rear rim:

and front:

and finally the kickstand:

good thing I wasn't hurt cause this is what they use as an emergency response vehicle.. instead of a chopper they will medivac you out by golf cart to the nearest trauma center! (just kidding)

so I just got rid of the kickstand entirely, and now I just need to get a subframe, fairing stay and intake and I should be set to go back to bogie at the end of the month. anyway just figured some people might wanna see a few destroyed parts... no one at the track or at WCW ever saw a kickstand like that before :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yea I've my bike look like that before. Definitely not a good look. Glad your okay tho.

Who needs a kickstand anyway?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I've my bike look like that before. Definitely not a good look. Glad your okay tho.

Who needs a kickstand anyway?
This was the first crash I ever tumbled (actually tumbled all the way to the hay bales by a guardrail) and I think I like it much better then sliding.. all my gear survived and I only felt like I had been in a pinball machine for a couple days. Much cheaper! :toothy4:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I think I prefer sliding to tumbling. For some reason I like to tumble on my face! Not to mention the last time I tumbled was almost a year ago and I still feel it.

I think im ready to retire from falling all together.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that. I got lucky cause when I was tumbling my limbs stayed close to my body.. definitely not from a conscious effort on my part but I'll take it.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
if i ever tumbled my heavy helmet would slam against pavement every roll lol, anyway gratz on surviving!.. poor rims =/

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash Zak, glad you are OK. The bike isn't that bad bro, you will get her sorted in no time.

I don't like that corner either bra... Stepped the back out there a few times good on the gas. A buddy of mine ate it large it turn one in 07 and ended up with a concussion. Kept asking if he crashed and if the bike was ok.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
god that looks painfull

hows the forks tho? that front end took some crap...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts