Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be moving out to San Diego in the next couple of months for the Marine Corps and was wanting to know what track are in the area and also which race organizations are out there that I can race with.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know of WSMC and WERA on the West Coast. Not sure if CCS is out here. As far as tracks ... depends on how far you want to go, but WSMC (Big Willow and Streets), California Speedway (Fontana), Pahrump Nevada, and ButtonWillow are all in the So. Cal. area. Fontana has to be one of the closer tracks with WSMC a close second. Pahrump is a nice track and I think Button is the farthest out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
oahrump is farther than buttonwillow. BW is 2 hrs away from LA. Willow is 1hr, Fontana is a little over 1 hr. thats from LA. SD adds couple hours to Willow and BW, not sure about fontana and pahrump from there. pahrump is definitely an overnighter where the others arent necessarily (from LA)...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
zus600rr#388 said:
to be honest WERA or WSMC would be a good idea.

Nothing against AFM whom I race with, but 600 class has 100's of riders. So every race you have 75 riders diving into turn 1 at the same time. Novice and Experts are put together and speed difference is huge and almost a hazard.

When with wera or wsmc grids are 30-40 deep MAX.
Not anymore, AFM finally adopted a safer gridding policy and we now have clumbman class racing for next year for novices and slower experts on Saturday. You have to demonstrate <115% of average top 3 in your class before you can race on Sunday. This will eliminate the hazards we have with the speed differential between AMA regulars and the weekend warrior club racer.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
tiltedworld said:
Not anymore, AFM finally adopted a safer gridding policy and we now have clumbman class racing for next year for novices and slower experts on Saturday. You have to demonstrate <115% of average top 3 in your class before you can race on Sunday. This will eliminate the hazards we have with the speed differential between AMA regulars and the weekend warrior club racer.

That's cool. I want to try AFM some time. I'm racing WERA and WSMC my first year in 2006. I can't wait. I love Infineon by the way so I'm definitely going to check out AFM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts