Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

California Superbike School

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  sincalirider 
#1 ·
Just signed up for Lev 1 and 2, may 8 and 9th at NJMP. Anyone been to Keith Code's school? What did you think?

#4 ·
What did the school do for your abilities after you finished it? Did you do multiple levels? I am fairly new to track and motorcycle riding in general, so I am a sponge right now and thinking it will help me develop the right habits before bad ones kick in.

I'm told this is the best school out there, anyone disagree? Anything better out there? Not trying to be a racer, just want to get my track riding ability as high as possible. Thanks!

#6 ·
The thing about CSS is you spend alot of time on the track being watched and instructed by people who are alot faster than you, if you listen and apply it you'll be a better rider.

It's not really an issue of money it's an issue of how much is that worth to you. The no brakes drill will help you build up faith in the front tire that could have saved countless numbers of people from crashing. The steer bike will help you improve not just your steering but your position and you'll keep thinking about it when you ride.

I went to the one @ Infineon in March and felt is was worth alot more money than I payed. Christian Bale was there in level 3 on a 07 matte black cbr tearing it up too.

#13 ·
You can also learn most of the things they teach on youtube (you won't learn them as well as having direct feedback from the instructors, but it helps) just search superbike school UK

#14 ·
guy we used to ride track with did it with bmw and he still sucked, even on his brand new 2010 848. jason pridmore's star school is way better. much more useful techniques for your average track rider. the stuff at keith code is too complicated for your average rider. pridmore got me dragging knee on a 94 f2 in less than 2 sessions on the track with two basic tips.

#16 ·
Not really fair to compare the two when you have never done a Code track day Ty...:stickyman

#15 ·
Just because some rich guy goes to CSS doesnt mean that he will be fast... im willing to bet even if he went to pridmore's school he would be riding the same..

#17 · (Edited)
staying loyal to pridmore. he was genuine, approachable, humble, and extremely helpful.
all i got from the guy that took css was that he spent all day in fourth with no brakes and code was rude.

example-
Guy: so what is the best line to take that corner?
code: what do YOU think the best line for that corner is?
guy: thats why i just paid to take your school... so you could tell me.

in codes defense- twist of the wrist is amazing, thank you for that contribution keith code.

#20 ·
He asks that to see what YOUR answer is so that he can then tell YOU what it is that YOU are or are not doing correctly. Seriously though if i am paying for these schools I don't want to be told what to do every step of the way that will not help improve anybody's riding at all. YOU need to be forced to think about what it is that YOU are doing wrong or right. If you want someone to ride the bike for you just stay at home and play the Moto GP or WSBK video game.

#18 ·
Thats just shows the philosophy of css.. make YOU think about YOUR riding.. not being spoon fed the information. I enjoy the no brakes drill.. i think everyone should give it a try..

#19 ·
I'm personally willing to try anyone's school, but I chose CSS because some of the fastest guys I've seen and talked to recommended it. I'm 35 and just started riding 2 years ago, and only got on track 5 times at the end of last year. I don't have the time (or the patience) to figure out how to go fast by figuring it out myself without instruction.

Riding fast on a track is very counter-intuitive to what you think you should be doing, perfect example is countersteering. push right to go right, doesn't make sense until you do it.

I am also pretty sure I don't have a lot of God given talent, but I also know that riding a motorcycle is all about the physics. If someone who is much better at it than you can teach you the physics and how to apply it, you should be able to learn faster than if you tried to figure it out yourself. Based on that, I am sure if you took either school, you would come out a better, faster, and smarter rider.

No reason to get into who has a better school, it's all about how much you put into it that will determine how much you get out it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.