Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i callled honda about my oil burning, and they said they ahave not heard about it be4. I told the guy that is bull ****. got no were with them. called my local dealer again, and talked to the main tech, and he said bring it in and he will do a free compression test, and if he feels its worthy, repair the bike under warrenty.

does comp test sound like something that will show the prob?

Tim

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
enough to piss me off, but not enough, to get honda moving

Tim

·
Registered
526 Posts
i dont burn any

·
Registered
465 Posts
According to the Honda shop in Oceanside....one quart per 1000 miles is within factory acceptance, which seems like a lot to me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Does seem like a lot to me as well. A compression test can point you in one of the many directions of oil burning though. If the rings were improperly gapped or did not seat on break in, then a compression test will show the lower numbers. You would also have black greasy looking plugs as well though fromt he blow by.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that means, that when you do your 3k mile oil change, you will have about 1 quart left?? Honda can suck a fat ****!!!! I hope that what is happening is just normal for a bike that still has some miles to get on b4 the total break in is finished. I know alot of people had this prob, and when they hit 2k miles it just sorta stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts