Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i'm living in Salt Lake, but in about a year (probably this time next year) my girlfriend and I are wanting to move to Florida. I'll be going to MMI there. We want to get an apartment in the suburbs around Orlando, so I've got some questions...Whats a good place to live? Hows the crime rate? Hows the nightlife? How friendly are the people? Hows the bike scene?

I ride an 07, it actually used to be red, not no mo!
Current mods: Sportech chrome windscreen, chrome flushmount signals, blacked out fairings, sliders, spools, destickered, Akrapovic slipon, PCIII, smoked Iwin integrated taillight, swingarm tag bracket with LED bolts
Soon to come: gutted intake, +1/-1 gearing, Tripage LED pegs, shorty levers, steel brake lines, Ignition module

BTW about the Iwin
ordered 8/27
received 11/4
Product quality was crap, but that's to be expected. The lens is alright, it did have one scuff mark on it. I took some extra silicone around the lens to seal up the spots he missed...you think with all that glue he would've gotten it all?!?! So far it works great even after a 4 1/2 hour canyon ride. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, but I dont recommend this kind of bulls*** to anybody. Get Tripage.

G

·
+1, no good roads in Florida, unless you like flat and straight. You'll also need to relocate your license plate if you don't want a $1,000 fine.. they're really cracking down on bikes down here.

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Roads to ride in FL, just need to know where they are. Track close by as well... Should be able to get a great rate on an apt. If you can get one with a garage that would be a ++ I'm too old to go out so can't help on that. Your close to us so you can get your led pegs, powder coat and Adj FE in no time!!!!! Welcome to FL. T

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. Regardless of how the rides are, I'm still going. What about bike nights? Here in salt lake, every friday and saturday about 20 bikes all come out to a Cheveron downtown. We'll just sit and chill in the parking lot until around 3 AM! We'll go on some rides here and there and then come back to the Chev and chill some more. You guys got anything like that? Tripage, I'll def have to hit you up on a FE.
Mostly what I'm wondering about is just the quality of life there. I've read some pretty negative city reviews about Orlando. But I know my fellow bikers have a much freer view on life :beer: I'm sure there will be less crime in the subs though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mad, you really dont like Florida do you? I've been to N Carolina and I thought THAT was the armpit!
The new law aint that bad I guess. I gotta take it easy for the next year anyway, being on probation if I get in any trouble the great stink-finger of the law is gonna be all over me like a hobo on a ham sandwich...

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Florida SUCKS ***!!!! Stay there!!!!

There is only ONE good thing about Florida, and that is that we can do trackdays year round. I would easily trade that for some mountain twisties if I could!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't know about South Fl. but Central FL. ( ORLANDO , TAMPA ) They have good Bike nights..Old Town on Thurs Nights Gets anywhere from 400- 700 Bikes , And Quakersteak In Tampa, Clearwater gets anywhere from 600-1000 bikes on a good night.

Yes the Laws do suck for Bikes here..Big time.

There are some pretty decent twisties Just a few mins North of Tampa...Knock dem chicken strips right off for ya.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.