Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i got a question for you guys.
How long does your GoPros record for, lets say memory completely empty.
I use the recommended NiMH battery though the one i use is a engergizer rechargeable. idk if that makes a difference at all but the most i've ever recorded for was a little over 15mins then i shut if off myself but there are times ill record and it'll only stay on for only 10mins and shut off by itself.
Is this normal?? any1 got a reason it'll turn off like that?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm thinking it might be your rechargeable batteries......I think they eventually don't work as well from recharging. I can go on one set of regular batteries for almost a whole day at the track. I'm usually taping for 20 minutes every hour.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I got a total of almost 1hr using energizer lithiums. I had the same issue you were having when I used other batteries. Supposedly the energizers are slightly bigger than other AAA's so they don't wiggle around too much. You can also try wedging some paper between the batteries and battery cap. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Hey guys so i got a question for you guys.
How long does your GoPros record for, lets say memory completely empty.
I use the recommended NiMH battery though the one i use is a engergizer rechargeable. idk if that makes a difference at all but the most i've ever recorded for was a little over 15mins then i shut if off myself but there are times ill record and it'll only stay on for only 10mins and shut off by itself.
Is this normal?? any1 got a reason it'll turn off like that?

1st.. did you happen to hit 88mph? If so, the GoPro many not be able to record during time travel lol

I think the most I ever tried recording was about an hour with a couple pics here and there. I never really let it run out on its own.
Last winter though, because of the cold I went through a bunch of batteries. Now I use the Energizer rechargeable ones (green and silver color) and I've had no issues with them.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The light speed theory cant be true because i had them strapped up during skydiving and your falling at 120mph. in this event it stayed on for the entire plane ride up until my feet touched down.

I was thinking about the batteries i use too but the first time it cut off by itself was when i was using regular batteries (non-rechargeable).

Thanks for the help guys. i'll try the paper wedge thing on my next run.
If any1 else has some insight please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i've had a lot of problems with using alkaline or nimh with the go pro. Although they warn about this saying that these batteries do not do well in high vibrations and cold weather. I think if you try some lithium batteries, you'll have some better luck

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
mine does this, but only 30 seconds each time. the default mode is set up for the auto cut record.
double check to make sure that mode is off.
it fux me up all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts