Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

661 - 679 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks! Fairings are from Optimal Racing. Highly recommend them for the price and fitment :thumbup:

Yeah I have Optimals too, they've been solid. I'd love to get them painted one day.

Edit: Wow, foam grips? Really? lol

Guys, have any of you crash tested the optimal racing fairings? I had GREAT results with Sharkskinz (crash tested them on a lowside, and they didnt crack/break) on my f4i. If I could get similar results from a cheaper set of fairings, I would go that route.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Optimal crashed poorly. As I'm not a racer and I don't get to do many trackdays, I find that acceptable versus the buy in price.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My first track day is this weekend! I'm so excited

·
Registered
940 Posts
My first track day is this weekend! I'm so excited
Dude! You are in for a treat. Unfortunately my crystal ball tells me you will get hooked as soon as you get over the initial fear you will probably feel the first 2 sessions.

Have fun and let us know how it went!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Dude! You are in for a treat. Unfortunately my crystal ball tells me you will get hooked as soon as you get over the initial fear you will probably feel the first 2 sessions.

Have fun and let us know how it went!
Yeah that's both what I'm looking forward to, and fearful of LOL...the infamous trackday addiction!
My buddy and I signed up for 2 consecutive days at Buttonwillow Raceway with Trackdaz

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
HOLY ****!!! I didn't think it was possible to have THAT much fun! I had a blast at my first track day. Trackdaz ran a flawless event, super cool guys & gals, great instructors and the Buttonwillow facilities were superb! I'll definitely be going back sometime soon'ish.

I know my bp needs some work, but now I know what I need to improve upon when I get back on track :excited:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Awesome! I'm looking at the pictures, no problems so far. Perfect first outing.

Performance will come with experience. If I have any recommendations, it's rearsets, that will be higher set and also not folding.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guys, have any of you crash tested the optimal racing fairings? I had GREAT results with Sharkskinz (crash tested them on a lowside, and they didnt crack/break) on my f4i. If I could get similar results from a cheaper set of fairings, I would go that route.
I lowsided this past weekend at maybe around 50 or so, bike also did a flip when the slider caught the outside curb. Fairing cracked in a couple places but nothing major and no breakage where they are mounted, definitely still serviceable. Very pleased with how they crashed.

661 - 679 of 679 Posts