Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just finished up doing my valve adjustments on my bike. Once i put everything back together the bike would not start. I diagnosed it as something wrong with my cam chain or my timing ended up out of wack im not sure.

With my bike all assembled again, when i turn the crankshaft i feel a clank or almost a slap of the cam chain when it reaches a certain point in the turn. Does this mean that my timing is off and the bike is no longer TDC? i was quite careful to place the sprockets back exactly on the cam chain where i marked it before taking it apart and the IN & EX line marks horizontal and facing outwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just as an update. I tore everything back down to the valves. Took off the CCT and put it back on. Checked the spacing it was all good. Turned the engine over a few times and the slapping noise of the cam chain is no longer present.

I put the bike back together, went to start, did not start again. I tried for a while to start it but nothing happened. I am now totally lost as to what i could have done wrong !!!

Help! :p

·
Registered
358 Posts
Do you have all your sensors plugged back in? Injectors and coils plugged back in?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup all injectors and coils and in and from what i can see there is no sensor or plug i left out. BTW i reposted in the Troubleshoot section as that is where i should have put this post in the first place.

The engine actually turned over but then stopped it didnt get far. However i tried using starter fluid sprayed in the intake and it helped it start better. I am thinking maybe gas is not reaching the plugs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stupidest thing ever.....my gas hose to the tank was crimped.... By fluke i had the tank angled up and decided hey...let me try it now...fired right up.

im just happy its over and hopefully my **** auto CCT is back in properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts