Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a mount for reg cameras that will attach to the "tripod" screw on the bottom of MOST cameras ?

Like a universal mount is what I'm looking for

I've been doing some searching on Google but wanted to check in with the crew here because y'all usually have good info.

I did a forum search and didnt see much useful info just stuff about GoPro

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm the techmounts stuff looks promising

·
Registered
279 Posts
Techmounts setup looks nice... if I can just get rid of this damn thing that's taking up that spot on my bike...

Oh well... I bought a cheap windshield mount that I'm going to play with this weekend to see if I can make something work.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went on ebay and got a tank mount. It bolts on to the tank gas cap surround, so, it's very steady. They have some adjustable ones, and some fixed position ones. Just get the fixed position one, then an adjustable camera mount if it's off. The tank mount is like $30 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBR600RR-CBR1000RR-ST1300-CB400-Camera-Mount-Bracket-/320568125102?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa35966ae

Oh man see this is what I'm talkin about .. I like this idea .. do you have a snap of what it looks like mounted ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Oh man see this is what I'm talkin about .. I like this idea .. do you have a snap of what it looks like mounted ?
No sorry man. I'm going back to the states in two weeks exact. I can take a picture of it then if you still haven't bought it yet.

In the mean time here's a vid taken with this mount:

and here are some other ebay listings, some with pics:

Mounted on a CBR1000RR:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CBR-600RR-F4-F4i-954-1000RR-RC51-VTR-Camera-Mount-/360334969588?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e5a34af4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Adjustable-Camera-Mount-HONDA-CBR-600RR-F4i-600-1000RR-/380346019936?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588e63b060

·
Registered
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
nice, i like that tank mount, looks very clean and functional. Only downside, if you plan on using that thing at the track, your going to have a very hard time tucking on the straight aways

·
Registered
321 Posts
The wide angle lense on the go Pro makes it much more functional than your 'average' standard camera, not least it reduces the amount of visible shaking you will get.

For a standard camera Google for the Geko mounts - they have suction cup set up like GoPro but are for standard camera attachements. The double cup is supposed to be way more stable but no doubt a PITA to fit on a bike.

I like the techmount stuff but my screen is so tinted I have given up on tank mounting anything and the suction cup means I can play with different places (with varying degrees of success).

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah, I have a wide angle lens point & shoot (pentax optio W80, wide angle 28mm) but not sure it can match the go pro, that go pro vid is crazzy wide!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
GoPro is more of a ~15mm focal length (35mm equiv)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Think thats wide....im tempted to put my DSLR on there with my Fisheye 8mm lens lol.
Which will be close to the same ~12mm (35mm equiv)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Think thats wide....im tempted to put my DSLR on there with my Fisheye 8mm lens lol.
I would say DO IT!!!

But I dunno how well they can cope with vibration. :retard:

I really want ot get the Go Pro 3D setup on this mount!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts