Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Camparo rr vs f4i

1K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  SplatterThrash 
#1 ·
im just curious what your opinions are between these two bikes. if they even do compare. my buddy was getting all bent out of shape on the fact that I have my rr and he is looking at getting an f4i. im not sure why he doesnt want to get an rr, but whatever. he found an 03' for 3500. its got a tiny spot of rash. overall really clean though.
i just have some questions between the two. do they have the same motor? the rr has dual stage injection and that the f4i is just standard single. how well does the f4i keep up? i know riding experience is a big part. but say just cruising around town, how well will he be able to keep up. i know to be careful, but hey, im 18 almost 19. i dont get too crazy since i'd only been able to ride like a month last year and its been about a week this year. and i always wear my leathers and my boots.
any opinions you guys can give me would be awesome. im searching too, so dont bother telling me to.

#2 ·
his bike will be a better cruiser.

the stock RR suspension settings come as tough as nails, and you WILL feel like every pothole is a sledgehammer on your lower back.

#3 ·
yeah i have noticed that it is a little rough. the only other street bike i've ridden is a 97 ninja 250. lol. luckily my only long ride, which is about 45 min up to school, is all on nice roads. i just hope he gets it. as of now i have no riding buddies. i know some guys from school that ride but besides that, nobody.

#13 ·
NesNeedsBoost said:
his bike will be a better cruiser.

the stock RR suspension settings come as tough as nails, and you WILL feel like every pothole is a sledgehammer on your lower back.
I actually thought the exact opposite. My RR suspension stock was set all mushy. When i dialed it in for my weight forr the track/canyons, it was much more stiff.

#15 ·
The F4I s no slouch. It can hang on the street and 1/4 mile. I almost got one but when I seen and sat on the RR I knew I had to have the RR.

#17 ·
CollegeRider said:
I was at the stealership looking at one, the dealer told me the F4i will actually beat the RR off the line, the RR is just a better handling bike.
i went from a 2000 F4 to an RR, and i noticed similar results. the RR felt slower but better handling. maybe it was the LOUD D&D that made the F4 "feel" faster lol

#19 ·
SeteGibernau said:
I would think of it this way...

the f4i is the homeschooled daughter in the Honda family who has her wild moments...the RR is the slutty sister who likes to be ridden hard ;)
I'll take the second sister.

#20 ·
super600rr said:
i raced an F4i on the 1/4, its not that slow, i won but by maybe 2 or 3 bike lenghts, both were stock.
what did you run for a time? What was your trap speed?

#22 ·
My buddy owns an F4i, we ride all them time together... He's got power commander & yoshi pipe has no problem keeping up.. It would be a close race but I know my RR would still beat him & I'm bone stock!! I rode his f4i & the RR has a way more aggressive race stants, wouldn't trade my bike for anything on the market at this point!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.