Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Going to rustle up these here bushes... poor the gasoline...

Of course a 600cc will NEVER beat a 1000cc. The 1000cc is a RACE MACHINE and it is faster. A 600cc is barely faster than a 250cc and is meant for noobs to practice on before you move on the the big boy bikes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
on a track yes.. On street no ?
I'd think twice about that.

Where I live we have smaller roads, so many Roundabouts and barely any highways, so when it comes to lane splitting/filtering and sharp turns I think the 600 is where it's at.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Depends on the road and rider. On Palomar, there are lots of liter bikes that get dusted by 600's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It depends on the rider...and by that I mean whoever is on the 1000 needs to really be slacking. I have seen 600's beat 1000's at the strip. But it only happens when the 1000 rider is scared to death of his motorcycle, and the 600 rider is damn good. Your chances are best in twisties with minimal straights.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
**** Now in effect... the next person to bring up this pointless discussion shall be banned from the site!

HAHAHA ^ I wish.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know a racer at Big Willow track who has been racing there for 6 years on both 600s and 1000s. And his times have been faster on the 600s. Unless the track has several long straight parts, then a 600 can beat a 1000.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I can imagine this topic has been beaten to death on here. It does all comes down to the rider. & for those who think the 1000 will beat the 600 on the street should come for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
249 Posts
by the way nice video..

which one is the 600rr and which is the 1krr ? I am guessing the... one filming is the 600?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts