Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll add some gas to the fire. :)

Don't know about the street but see 600's take 1000's all the time in WERA. Road Atlanta with it's monster straight is a track which favors the 1000's but at places like Barber's and Little Talladega a well ridden 600 can take a 1000. If the 1000 is a nob then it's no contest, 600 every time. Watched Danny E on a 600 stay right with Tim Hunt at Barber's. Of course Danny is a blast to watch anyway. At the last WERA race at Barber's watched a Triumph 675 finish 4th against 1000's ridden by some pretty good folks. The Best 1000's are usually faster than the best 600's but not by much unless it's a power track, in which case ya better watch for the Ducati's. Love my 600, it's what I want and am having a blast with it.

Now if I can just talk my wife into sidecar racing .... honey I need a monkey.

smack

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
It can beat it with a stick!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yeah,but it is a good video.

thanks Domia!
by the way nice video..
ohh finally someone that watch the video before posting useless things.

which one is the 600rr and which is the 1krr ? I am guessing the... one filming is the 600?
The guy with honda jacket(white with red wing) is on a 600rr, the guy filming is on 1000rr; indeed you can see how easily he can overtake the 600rr on straight but the skill of the other pilot and the agility of the 600rr allow him to overtake again the 1k coming out from the curve.

@all it's obvious that the 1000 have tons of more torque and power vs the 600rr but this wasn't the point of the th, again watch the video.:ciao:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
It was a good video & I would hope everybody watched it because its the first post. It was obvious the 1kr was having trouble holding the lines as he was all over the place. Not to mention the run off. Faster down the straight for sure but if I wanted to go faster in a straight line I'd get a busa.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
You have to set the conditions. Straight line? Road course?

Equal rider? Same rider (timed only)? Different skill and experience?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
been there, done that.

good video though, nice gear indicator the 1000RR has, i have one just like it. :D

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Sticks are for sissies!

If you gave the 600cc a baseball bat, could he beat up the 1000cc? What if he put nails into the end? That is the real question here...and discuss.

:popcorn:
I would pay to see that fight inside a cage!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Going to rustle up these here bushes... poor the gasoline...

Of course a 600cc will NEVER beat a 1000cc. The 1000cc is a RACE MACHINE and it is faster. A 600cc is barely faster than a 250cc and is meant for noobs to practice on before you move on the the big boy bikes.
Have you ridden a 250?

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've ridden both the 600 and a 1000 at the track.

And at my noob level of track riding, I am so much faster on the 600 its not even funny.

Thats not to say I don't enjoy bombing down the straights with all that power!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I've smoked a few 750's and 1000s on the track, and I'm slow. :toothy:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
My 350 enduro would take a 1000rr around our local roundabouts with knobby tires. But why when it only has a whole 27 hp? because it can all be used. Once the 1000rr needs to brake before corner entry, I pass it at 50% throttle and I exit at roughly 55 mph. by the time he exits, I'm halfway to the next roundabout when the 1000rr starts rolling on throttle again. The 600rr has easier power delivery, more power can be effectively used, while its smaller chassis (video perfect example) and lighter weight allow the bike to transition quicker than the 1000. It's like taking my 350 and adding much more power. Once you're in a continuous band of corners like a strip of roundabouts, the 1000rr can only rely on the straights, that's when it gets pounded. Something like a super motard would clobber most super sports and super bikes through that area because there are no high speed corners they can use, even so they would be harder on the brakes and eventually get passed anyways. There's just so much power you can use on the street setting the dangerousness aside, but really the same still applies on the track. If it's more like a go cart track cluttered with turns everywhere, that liter bike probably won't stand a chance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Motorcyclist magazine used to list 1/4 mile times, and literbikes were a couple tenths faster than the same make in a 600,i think running like a 9.8 sec. pass. that is of course an acceleration test.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to rustle up these here bushes... poor the gasoline...

Of course a 600cc will NEVER beat a 1000cc. The 1000cc is a RACE MACHINE and it is faster. A 600cc is barely faster than a 250cc and is meant for noobs to practice on before you move on the the big boy bikes.
Disagree bro, 600cc is way faster than a 250, u can't compare the 2 at all. 600s are are way faster than 250s period.!(n)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts