Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was unable to sleep, and (as my bike is my DD and my only mode of transport) I decided to go out, and Get a movie from a nearby store, that had a red box. I was going down a main road it was like 3:45 Am. I passed an interesection, and I looked over and saw a car, so I looked forward and looked again to make sure they didn't pull out in front of me. A few moments later I switched lanes, and this "car" was on me, so close I couldn't see him in my mirrors, I just saw Grill, and bumper. next thing you know he swings out from behind me, and pulls along side of me. When he does this he starts to push his car into my lane, forcing me to brake hard (REALLY HARD) After about 10 seconds of this, he starts flashing his lights. I realized then obviously "cop" I started to deccelerate and shift gears down. As I' am doing this, he is squeezing his car into my lane, so now I have crossed over into the next lane. He stopped me in the middle of the road. Had his gun halfway out had me off my bike, remove the key with one hand. then push my bike to the curb on the other side of the street ( he didnt even stop traffic, made me walk through any cars that came 1-2 came) and questioned me, checked my license registration so on and so forth. Told me he pulled me over because "You looked at mw twice, meaning you were guilty. A man has been stealing bikes around here then he blacks them out, they have only one headlight, no license plate and no tail lights or turn signals." .... I have all those on my bike. This cop was a young douche! Im asking this question cause, I have no problem pulling over when I get lit up from behind, like most pull overs. Hoever he did not need to pit manuever me or attempt to. He almost made me crash, I was stopped about 3 feet from a huge curb and sign. So Next time a cop does this **** on the side of me. Im kicking into high gear and burning their ass. Just wondering if it's possible.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Can't outrun a radio bud.

But when it comes down to it then it all depends on how good of a rider you are and how well you know the area and all the side streets, parking structures and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really mean it obviously it was really a superficial question. I agree it depends on how well you know the area. I also think if you can get away and off the freeway fast enough you could essentially get away. Yeah I know you can't beat the radio haha never ever!!! But I believe at the start and if you can get out of sight fast enough with enough traffic you can get away

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
county cop or s mateo city cop?

you can be pushing a shopping cart down ECR at that time and get stopped.

have had trouble/hassles from both.

btw.... In SM county, moving around at all at 4am is a suspicious activity....unless you are a peon going to work.(in your clapped out work truck, (w/a lawnmower in the bed).

If you had been driving your MB no problem.(you belong!).

San Mateo county in general is a H8R county for 2 wheels.

California Uber Alles.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
this doesnt sound like a standard protocol stop. next time, grab their badge number, name and what dept he works for.
file a complaint or at least go there and let them know what happened, inform them of the situation.

there are douche bag cops out there!! some that really dont like riders on street bikes...
stereotypes and ones that just pulls us over to harass us and try to find any faults.
ive been pulled over twice, he stereotyped me and assumed i stole the bike (this one i couldve went to jail for). lmfao.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That was not a valid reason to pull you over in the first place. I HATE cops like that, myself personally if I was in that scenario I wouldn't run because then you are guilty of a crime.

Second off because I would challenge him on why he pulled me over and file a complaint with the department. From what I read that guy was playing toy with your safety and officers are enforcers of the law not above it.

Instead of ditching the cop, use your rights next time.......

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
What everyone says, if your good enough, u can't outrun a helicopter, them are super quick

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
county cop or s mateo city cop?

you can be pushing a shopping cart down ECR at that time and get stopped.

have had trouble/hassles from both.

btw.... In SM county, moving around at all at 4am is a suspicious activity....unless you are a peon going to work.(in your clapped out work truck, (w/a lawnmower in the bed).

If you had been driving your MB no problem.(you belong!).

San Mateo county in general is a H8R county for 2 wheels.

California Uber Alles.
I hear you bro!!! You live in San Mateo?? Wanna ride sometime!? But yeah I've been picked on and pulled over for reasons that were totally bogus. And dude who said could you yes. Should you . No! ...agreed. But if a cop ever pulls a **** move like that. They deserve it! He is lucky I'm still a novice rider and don't think I could really do it!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for your responses and input! I was too scared to do anything an I had too much adrenaline .... I did kinda get even though!!! At the end after telling me about the stolen bikes he asked to see my id. When I pulled out my wallet it's a wallet that has a UNSC patch from halo! He asked me " hey where did you serve? " I responded to him " on planet reach with noble team!" he handed me back my license and hopped in his car and left !!

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
U do realize that If he pulls behind u and catches your plate that's all he needs right

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
U do realize that If he pulls behind u and catches your plate that's all he needs right

Sent via iPhone 4s
My plates are really low I get pulled over for it... But he said nothing about my plate this time!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
He wanted you to run so he can prove to himself he is the man smarten up do not give them that chance pull over then lawyer up and take him to court

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He wanted you to run so he can prove to himself he is the man smarten up do not give them that chance pull over then lawyer up and take him to court

I think he did wan't me to run, because while I was downshifting I was giving it a little gas, so I was reving. So I didn't stall or pop an accidental wheelie. As I did this He got closer to me. By The time we were stopped (in the MIDDLE of a TWO LANE road ..There was a Suicide lane that I was now in) He got so Close to my right side, when I lifted my right leg over, it was parallel to his window. I had to lift my foot almost straight out in order not to hit his car, and mind you I can only flat foot with one foot on the pegs!.... I believe maybe you're right, I think I will go there monday, and complain about the officer. Request the dash cam Video. ( I believe thats free to the public is it not?) If they do not cooperate, is there anything I can do? Sue? he was WAY over aggressive. He started Pit Manuevering me BEFORE identifying himself as a police officer, and before hitting his sirens! MAN I WISH I HAD A GO-PRO! they come to costco next month, the wifi bundle with extra battery pac 199.99...but I didn't give you that insider information!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait, you don't want to kick into high gear, ...down shift twice and button down on that throttle tube. Ok, see you at the eye witness news ;)

LOL Alright but it will be the " One That Got Away" tales. Cause I hate losing. and I don't lose! Lol!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.