Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so basically, i need bolts for the right and left fairings. pretty much all of them.

i went the OEM route and it's taking me a while since i have to actually order them from a dealership and they run pricey. but now i'm down to the main bolts that holds the whole fairings in place, not just the little pieces of a fairing that holds it together (i.e. 4x10 mm tapscrew that holds the right/left midfairing together)

can i just go to a shop and see if they have bolts that will hold my bike together?

i want my aftermarket fairings on!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Go to Ace or any other hardware store and match the bolt. Buy in small quantities and get what you need. If you are missing a bunch, go the route of purchasing an entire bolt kit

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Unfortunately, as good as ACE is, most hardware stores have very little in the way of metric and not much cap head/socket head stuff.

A better bet is your local Cycle Gear, I've seen Odds and Ends kits that have various plastic fasteners and 5mm allen head fairing bolts in them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Unfortunately, as good as ACE is, most hardware stores have very little in the way of metric and not much cap head/socket head stuff.

A better bet is your local Cycle Gear, I've seen Odds and Ends kits that have various plastic fasteners and 5mm allen head fairing bolts in them.
Most definitely, have to pay my respects on this one. I've had to run around between Ace and Home Depot to find the right bolt before so I will second this!

Cycle gear is always a good place to look first, if it is close and convenient. For me, the closest cycle gear is almost an hour away, so Ace and Home Depot are my Go-to places. BUT, I bought a complete bolt kit from Pro Bolt to complete my rebuild, and I've got plenty of extra's to last me, so those days are over!

Best of luck OP, and :+1:FightingChance

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I like Ace, the old farts that work there are helpful and fun to talk to.

But frick, I could build a replica of the new Mars rover out of stuff I could get there before finding ONE godamn bolt to hold a piece of plastic on my japanese motorcycle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts