Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a Bmx peg into the machine shop to get bored out and retapped to fit the axle on the xr and this dude has had it all summer. After going to the lot last night I can't take waiting anymore I have got to get a peg so I can start doing standups. Somebody help!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the problem is that it takes a 12mm tap and he didnt have the right size. I guess there is another machine shop in town I'm gonna holla at them tommorrow!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Dang that guy at the machine shop is laggin..That should've took him like 3 minutes..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lokeystunta916 said:
waste of money
Actually I consider wadding up my $7000 RR a waste of money. I can lose $15 for a peg. I learned everything I know on dirtbikes, which is probly why I have almost 11,000 miles on my "RR" and havent dropped it yet and I do lots of wheelies, stoppies, and rolling burnouts. So I feel that learning standups on a dirtbike is the best way.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
gcode3000 said:
Actually I consider wadding up my $7000 RR a waste of money. I can lose $15 for a peg. I learned everything I know on dirtbikes, which is probly why I have almost 11,000 miles on my "RR" and havent dropped it yet and I do lots of wheelies, stoppies, and rolling burnouts. So I feel that learning standups on a dirtbike is the best way.
+1 I try everything first on my 50..Of course there are differences..It comes up way faster on the rr of course and theres more throttle control needed...But it's good practice and alot cheaper when you drop it..

·
Registered
51 Posts
nah i love the xr 100 i would just rig it myself instead of paying someone. u should see 50stunt.com and see if there pegs would work cause they have built in chain tensioners.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just dremmel out the inside of the peg or buy a longer axle if u dont want to buy stunt pegs that actually fit. I just dremmel'd out the inside of a Mongoose peg, took the axle off, slid it through the foot peg, & tightend up the nut on the other side. I was only able to put 1 peg on cuz I didnt buy a longer axle. I dont have chain tensionsers either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts