Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in doing a title hearing for a 600rr. I am wondering if anyone here can check this VIN# to see if it has a lien from honda financing or not. It is not stolen, since I went to the DMV to check. (Paid a small $2 fee. :icon_lol:) Although for some reason, they did not give me the lien information. PM me or reply if you can help.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm not completely sure this would work, but you could try calling AHFC and letting them know you are looking to buy the bike form someone and want to check if there is a lien on it. Not sure if they would tell you or could, 'cause they do everything by account numbers I think.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that. although they wont give me any info because of some privacy act. Then they sent me to the Honda vehicle recovery center? I know its not stolen, although I am unsure if it has a lein or not. I was hoping someone on this forum is a police officer, or has access to such data, to where they can help me out (legally).

If so, I would reallly appreciate it.

K

·
0 Posts
I tried that. although they wont give me any info because of some privacy act. Then they sent me to the Honda vehicle recovery center? I know its not stolen, although I am unsure if it has a lein or not. I was hoping someone on this forum is a police officer, or has access to such data, to where they can help me out (legally).

If so, I would reallly appreciate it.
Why not ask to see the title?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea ask to see the title, Im a former police officer and the only info you can get from a police officer is the registered owner, no lien holder info.
Hmm... thanks. That helped alot. Well in the state of texas, we can apply for a bonded title. I have all the necessary things/papers/letters/insurance to apply, and get one. Although, the very last thing im missing- if this bike has a lien or not. I understand that they cannot give me information under the privacy act, but It is strange that they sent me to the "national recovery center" devision.

I cannot get info from American honda finance because I am not the previous owner. I guess ill keep trying my luck at american honda finance. :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts