Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm trying to put this bike back to stock it was a full blown track bike..well its a 2003 600rr Please check out the video maybe someone knows..Thanks

I got most of the wires done but this one is getting the best of me...:tard:

·
Registered
212 Posts
beats the hell out of me. looks like you need a wiring diagram...then again...if the bike runs fine and all the lights work, it's probably not entirely necessary lol

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ha ha its one of those "its just for looks" wires... But in all seriousness have you checked under the tank? Aren't there some plugs under there where it might go?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Pressure switch for the rear brake.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^^ thats what i thought... i remember seeing a wire that runs back along the right side of the tank and down to that general area... something for the brakelight switch on the rear brake

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
taillightt wire

Hey thanks for all the help..but I guess the taillight wire is what seems like reasonable..I haven't gotten my taillights yet to test..also if there a chance that this wire is the right side headlight? my left running one works but the high beam dont ...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Hey thanks for all the help..but I guess the taillight wire is what seems like reasonable..I haven't gotten my taillights yet to test..also if there a chance that this wire is the right side headlight? my left running one works but the high beam dont ...
It is not the taillight wire, it a wire that connects the pressure switch (located on your right rear set). No harm if it is disconnected, you will just not get brake light signal when applying just the rear brake. It is not the headlight wire either. If your high beam does not work then check the bulb or the fuse.

·
Registered
599 Posts
What color are the wires??

·
Registered
599 Posts
White w/ Green stripe and Green w/ Yellow Stripe = Rear brake pressure switch conn.

I will say 100% that is what you have there. Case closed. Now all you need is the
pressure switch itself.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Your headlight wiring is all in the front harness, doesn't come out of there at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I concur. Rear brake pressure switch. Runs along side the frame and sits behind the plastic side cover.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok

Hello, thanks so its final the pressure switch..so if it is not need it then I will leave it alone...again thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post the final bike..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts