Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short bike fell and broke the bar end off but it took some of the clip-on's internals with it(the part that the bar end screws to). Now my question is can I change the internals of the clip-on or do I need a new clip-on?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
ya you can thats like a bar end weight/vibration dampener and i got a set of em on here used for 15 shipped

Reactions: WestminsterRover

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
^ no special tools required and i wasn't saying i have a set for sale, i was saying i purchased a set from another member here.
heres a picture of what im referring too:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was looking for a while and the cheapest I could find was 50$ +shipping

anyone know where this is cheaper?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking for a while and the cheapest I could find was 50$ +shipping

anyone know where this is cheaper?
http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeI...0RR/GroupID/279932/Group/HANDLEBAR_TOP_BRIDGE

This is where I bought mine, with shipping it was cheaper then all the rest. Don't bother buying the rubbers they come right off your broken piece and go right on the new one, the whole swap took 10 mins and that's while eating a slice of pizza. It was almost too easy that I thought I did something wrong cuz nothing is that easy. Good luck man.

·
Registered
208 Posts
how do you get the long silver piece back in??? Mine came out of the left side (clutch side) while changing the bar ends and don't want to break something.
thanks guys

·
Registered
127 Posts
Long story short bike fell and broke the bar end off but it took some of the clip-on's internals with it(the part that the bar end screws to). Now my question is can I change the internals of the clip-on or do I need a new clip-on?
Have you thought about taping it back in? Mine was broke by the previous owner and I just wrapped it in electrical tape and twisted it in. Has yet to come out on me in 4k miles of all weather riding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
208 Posts
fixed. I used a piece of brazing rod, ,bent a hook on the end, and pulled out the rubber bushing that was burried in handle bar. I re-attached to the silver insert, and all is good. persistence!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.